Author Topic: Names and dates muddle - 1830s-1850s  (Read 1933 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Names and dates muddle - 1830s-1850s
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 February 20 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Only if his wife's Mother was nee Hayden!

Have you looked for Moore Marriages?

For Johanna's parents? Yes, there appears to be 7 possible ones for a Michael Moore before 1852, assuming her parents married in the diocese of Ossory. The various brides are what looks like Sarah Huphries (1830 Camross, Laois), Margaret Hayden (1831 Gowran, Kilkenny), Auty Keoughan (1838 Freshford, Kilkenny), Margaret Rogan (1839 City of Kilkenny), Judy Ring (1841 Callan, Kilkenny), Ellen Cody (1842 Slieverue, Kilkenny) and the Bridget Saunders (1848 Muckalee, Kilkenny) that ciderdrinker mentioned. Michael and Margaret Hayden is the only couple I can find who had a kid called Jo(h)anna though. Unless I've missed something, which is possible.

Who did Joanna Moore dau of Michael Moore and Margaret Hayden marry? Another John Comerford??

Stranger things have happened!

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Names and dates muddle - 1830s-1850s
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 February 20 18:38 GMT (UK) »
I'm unsure as to what your Comerford image/link is showing?[/b] I know John married Johanna in 1868. If you're hypothesising another wife John had, 1840 is way too early for that. Unless he massively downscaled his age when marrying Johanna, and lied about being a bachelor. ???

Marriage of Parents....

Ahhh, I see now. Sadly not though as John's father on his marriage cert is "Patt" Comerford, which I assume would be Patrick. The marriage entry above his on the register is his sister's, my great-great-grandmother, to which both John and Johanna were witnesses. That's how I found him :)

Who did Joanna Moore dau of Michael Moore and Margaret Hayden marry? Another John Comerford??

Stranger things have happened!

I don't know. I've been through all the Jo(h)anna Moor(e) marriages on irishgenealogy.ie up to 1900 and only two of them have fathers called Michael. The one that I know is mine in 1868 and another in 1872 who married a John Cournane in County Kerry. So I suppose that could be her if she moved from Kilkenny to Kerry, but I don't know how I'd work that out. And of course she could have got married before 1864, but Ancestry brings up nothing promising from the catholic registers. Though if Margaret Hayden's daughter is actually the 1872 one, then that leaves no candidate for my Johanna and no clue as to where the Hayden name came from.
Ancestral names: Lewis, Watson, Hetherington, Barclay, Clark, Regan, Hunter, Murray, Robson, Todd, Carney, Comerford, Urwin, Rayson, White, Purves, Biggins, Wilson, Gibson, Graham, Curry, Kennedy, Greenlaw, Waldie, Armstrong, Hodgson, Harle, Wild, Monkhouse, Donald, Allen, Bowie, Cowe, Ogilvie, Barnes, Pattinson, Williamson, Hogg, Denholm, Kirkwood and Hewitt

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk