Author Topic: Blakeway and Longford Pitchford 1550  (Read 552 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blakeway and Longford Pitchford 1550
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 March 20 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again this is wonderful I do have lots of the Parish registers for Shropshire but not all.

I know about the Blakeways going forward, but his birth I haven't got.  I understood from something I read that generally they married in the Woman's parish.  See my note below re the Glaskets.

Nga miihi
Bronwen

1550 BLAKEWAY
John Blakewey husband of Anne Longford
b.1550 
m.1574 May 23. John Blakewey and Anne [qu. Annie] Longford ... mar. Pitchford, Shropshire, Eng.
d.1623 Nov 11 Pitchford, Shropshire, Eng.

I haven't checked out the Glaskets properly yet but will do in the next few hours.  I have a katherine and a Dorothy in here, which I must have got from somewhere.  It doesn't seem reasonable that they had a child a year after they were married and then not have another until 1600, but I cannot find them in the Much Wenlock register?

1577 GLASKET
Joane Glasket wife of William Blakeway  (daughter of Margery & Richard Glasket of Much Wenlock, Shropshire?
b.1577
m.1594 Feb 13 William Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng. 
d.1627 May 13 Joane wife of William Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.
Children 7
1595 May 1 Anne dr. of William Blakeway of Gozebradeley bap. Whiche day there was also a children of the same William Blakeways bur.  (Much wenlock parish register)
1596 Katherine     
1599 Dorothy
1600 Aug 13 Edward Blakeway, Gosebradeley, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire Eng.
1612 Apr 19 Mary Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.
1614 Sep 18 William Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.
1616 Nov 24 John Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.   
1619 Jul 25 John Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.   
1619 June 6 Thomas Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.   
1621 Dec 9-1624 Feb 14 Margery Blakeway, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.
1624 Feb 13 Frauncis Blakewey, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.   

Death of child of William Blakeway at abode Goze Bradeley
1622 May 2 Edmund Blakeway, of Goze Bradeley, Holy Trinity, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, Eng.

Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 March 20 04:38 GMT (UK) »
Kia ora

I have been in touch with Shropshire archives recently and am going to purchase some searchs to clarify some parts of my family tree.

I am a member of the Shropshire history soc and have the cds with a large number of the marriages and deaths.

Nga mihi
Bronwen
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 March 20 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Kia ora

I can see those entries in Geneanet, that you sent a link for but can't get any further.  Oddly enough when I log into the site I don't get these two specific ones which is what I want to look at.  Do you have further access other than what you sent me.  If so I would be grateful for any other information you can find on this.

Nga mihi
Bronwen
Aotearoa