Author Topic: Mclaughlin Family  (Read 3054 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mclaughlin Family
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 14 March 20 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kumquat

Do take care of yourself. They are anxious times for us all.

In Reply # 37 I have listed the references to Amy Taylor and her mother. It is quite complex.

1880  Amy Bond mmn Sier
1881 Amy Bond 1yr with mother Louisa Bond housekeeper to Gregory Price
1891 Amy Price with her mother Louisa Price
1901 Louisa Price is now married to William Abbott

In 1911 Louisa Price (Amy Price Taylor's mother) is living at an address very close to the one you have for Amy Taylor.

Hope to hear from you soon, when all is well.

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 15 March 20 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kumquat,

May I firstly add my best wishes over this difficult time to those expressed by Heywood.

We are in a similar situation in the UK -- and all people over the age of 70 are being classed as 'vulnerable'!! I prefer to think of us as mature and sensible!

Having looked at Amy Taylor's background on the census and birth records there is no obvious family link to Harry McLaughlin. Nor is there an immediately obvious Irish link to Amy's family.

I am wondering if Harry and Daniel met up during WW1 and became really close friends and if Harry was 'estranged' from his own family - he used his friends' names as 'next of kin'. (I am going off into the realms of fantasy again!!)

Or does Daniel have a family link to Harry - we may just need to look back at him.

Hopefully the marriage certificate may reveal clues - father's name and maybe the witness names. Fingers crossed.

Take care and we look forward to hearing from you whenever you are able to get back into the library.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline rladerou

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 30 May 21 17:54 BST (UK) »
 Hi Everyone i just came across this site when I googled  my Mothers name McLaughlin to my surprise you are all looking for my family as well. After all these years. Thank you for searching and not giving up.
  Harry McLaughlin and Hilda porter were my Grand Parents. my My Mothers name was Kathleen McLaughlin and my Fathers name Roy Edison Burger from New Brunswick Canada.