Author Topic: cahill family  (Read 824 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
cahill family
« on: Saturday 07 March 20 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information about the cahill family danirl cahill and Ellen lenehan thanks. Regards Annette ellen
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: cahill family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 March 20 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information about the cahill family danirl cahill and Ellen lenehan thanks. Regards Annette ellen

Hi,

Can you post links to your earlier threads please,  and perhaps type up a summary of what you already have and/or are needing help with.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 March 20 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Four children born at Heidelberg, VIC

John 1886 reg #10921

twins  1888
Jeremiah reg #12204   
Margaret reg #12205

Ellen in 1894 reg #12604

Essie

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 March 20 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Four children born at Heidelberg, VIC

John 1886 reg #10921

twins  1888
Jeremiah reg #12204   
Margaret reg #12205

Ellen in 1894 reg #12604

Essie

Hi Essie,

Dee provided same details back in September 2007 at Reply 1 of Annette's thread on this same board.  :D   

JM

Here are some births for children for Daniel Cahill &  Ellen Lenehan/Linehan/Lehehen/Linhan....

Denis CAHILL born 1872 at FITZ
 Ref:15434

Fanny Ellen CAHILL born 1873 at CWOOD
Ref: 23129

May CAHILL born 1875 at COLL
Ref: 8176

Hannah Caroline CAHILL born 1879 at FITZ
Ref: 16267

Daniel CAHILL born 1884 at HEID
Ref: 9986

John CAHILL born 1886 at HEID
Ref: 10921

Jeremiah CAHILL born 1888 at HBERG
Ref: 12204

Margaret CAHILL born 1888 at HBERG
Ref: 12205

Ellen CAHILL born 1894 at HBERG
Ref: 12604

.....dee
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 March 20 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 March 20 05:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone for all that info. I did have some and now I can add what I did not have.  What I am trying to find  if anyone can help me with is any information on Mervyn Vincent Cahill  born May 1917 in Heidelberg and moved to Tasmania , when I do not know and he died in 1996 in Tasmania .His  parents were John Cahill and Ellen Waren. I think Mervyn was married twice but I cannot find any records to say if that is correct . Children I also cannot find any records for?
 Hoping that someone may be able to help me .
 Thanking you Annette ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 March 20 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 March 20 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jamjar for all that information and the newspaper articles. My parents lived in lower Plenty from 1944 the year I was born  until 1980 and my mother was the sister of Joe as we referred to him , and my mother never mentioned about his car episode which I was surprised to hear, maybe she never knew as their mother died in 1934 and mum went to live with a sister in Fitzroy, and it is great to have the information , so thank you once again for all that help.

Kind regards Annette ellen

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 March 20 06:40 GMT (UK) »
I think the spelling of Nancy's surname was SECCOMBE

The death of the father of Nancy in 1947
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/26441297

And her mother
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/27195470

From 1943 to 1972 Mervyn is  on Electoral Rolls in Tasmania. His occ. is plumber
Sharing his address in 1943 1949, and 1954 is Nancy Muriel CAHILL. Home duties

In 1972 sheis not with Mervyn and there is a male of the same surname who is a clerk with him.

Nancy has a different address in Hobart in 1972 and she is a cook.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk