Author Topic: Rothenburg/Roehe in Australia  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Rothenburg/Roehe in Australia
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Brisbane or Townsville?

NAA says Brisbane: J25 1973/3071 Pursell [nee Rothenburg], [born 14 March 1928 - German]
Access status: Open Location: Brisbane 1972 - 1973 6308640

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Micheal D'Aubyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 00:46 GMT (UK) »
@Jamjar,

True, the divorce cert says "Family Court of Australia at Brisbane" but goes on to say "Before the Honourable Mr Justice Lindenmayer at Townsville."

So it is clear that Brisbane might control it all, but I am wondering if the court itself was located in Townsville. Hence the request for a look-up in a Townsville phone book (if a 70's one exists somewhere).

Bruce and Inge lived on the Gold Coast at one point, but Bruce later died in Sydney in 1988. I have no reason to believe that he was present for this divorce.

Micheal.

Offline Micheal D'Aubyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 00:55 GMT (UK) »
@Jamjar,

Also, regarding the link that you referred to; I have paid for that record to be examined. I'm expecting access to be granted soon.

But to be clear- that record is not related to the divorce. I would suggest that it is connected to the immigration department somehow.......Inge's passport renewal or change of address etc.

I've lived in Germany for 11 years now, and any time that my Australian ID changes for any reason then I must notify the German government.  In 1966 Inge was required to do the same.

Micheal.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Searching for possible living people
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 01:00 GMT (UK) »
JM,

You're hit the nail on the head. My grandfather's first wife, XXXXX (nee Muirhead) filed for divorce because Bruce was caught cheating with XXXX . Hence, XXXX was named as the co-respondent.

However, she was listed as being XXXX". This, and the fact that she shared an address with XXXX XXXX evidence of this. It may have been a de-facto spousal relationship or she might have lied about her name to stay out of trouble during the divorce.

Micheal
[/sub]

I have not yet found anything to confirm that K Roehe is no longer living.  I have not yet found anything to confirm the 1963 bride is no longer living.  I have found her Replacement Immigration info, changing her surname etc in December 1966.  It has her date of birth as 14 March 1928,  so she was born LESS than 100 years ago.
http://soda.naa.gov.au/record/4383380/1

The NAA index to the above has her ship of arrival as Castel Felice, 12 Nov 1956.   http://soda.naa.gov.au/record/30139887/1

The NAA index has Mr Roehe arriving 26 Jan 1956 per the Orcades   http://soda.naa.gov.au/record/30139629/1

Please do modify the heading and remove the identifying details about the people who may well be elderly, vulnerable and residing in Australia ... Privacy is very strict in Australia.  A person's name is sensitive, private information in Australia.

The issue is that RChat is readily found via any Google Search, and you do NOT need to be logged in to find RChat threads  :)  so best to edit your thread, to provide privacy to the possible living people currently named in it.   :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I again note that there are privacy issues.  Please remove the jpeg from the opening post.  The legal document identifies at least one person who may well be alive.  I have diligently searched my off line resources, cannot find anything to support the notion that she is no longer living.  She was born 1928, so in her early 90s.

Also, following reply which I have queried earlier, re names if possible living ..  a further issue:  please also consider that the petitioner named the co-respondent.   So it is not the co-respondent who has 'lied' to the divorce court, and  it may be best to withdraw the comments in case they offend. 

JM,

You're hit the nail on the head. ..........
 XXXX  was named as the co-respondent.

However, she was listed as being "YYYYYYY"    This, and the fact that she shared an address with ZZZZZZZ , are the reasons why I believe that her and ZZZZZ were married. But again, I have no hard evidence of this. QQQQQQ QQQQQQ.

Micheal

Thanks.  R2M 9.19 a.m. NSW time.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Micheal D'Aubyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Done. The jpeg has been removed.

For the record, the person who you say cannot be named was served a court subpoena.  And I quote:

"I, (another person who probably cannot be named on Rootschat), of 44 Castlereagh Street, Sydney in the State of New South Wales, Process Server, being duly sworn make oath and say as follows:-

1. On the 21st of May, 1962 I duly served (the named co-respondent) with a sealed copy of the Petition in these proceedings and a Notice of Proceedings by delivering it to her personally at 136 Macpherson Street, Bronte aforesaid.

2. I identified the person served as the Co-Respondent because I said to her "Are you (the person that shall not be named on the internet in 2020) from this petition?" and she replied "Yes".

I only go to this much detail to indicate that the woman in question was known publicly by the name in question.

I'm beginning to wonder if coming onto this site was worth it. Nobody has answered any of my questions regarding the phone book look up or the Townsville vs Brisbane reference on the removed jpeg.

I am feeling incredibly persecuted. I sincerely apologise for ruining your day by not being fully aware of your regulations and protocols.

The jpeg has been removed, and my post has been reduced to something where nobody who wants to help actually can.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Any identifying information that I or anyone else finds can be sent to you via Personal Message, and you can of course provide identifying information via Personal Message.   There is no reason for you to feel persecuted, there is no intention to cause you to form that view.   I reassure you that you are not spoiling my day, and I have no intention to spoil anyone's day.   :) 

Have you considered using the 'Ask a Librarian' service offered by the National Library of Australia?
https://www.nla.gov.au/ https://www.nla.gov.au/askalibrarian

Process Servers back in the 1960s, and even today, in NSW, do not actually ask to see proof of identity when 'serving' legal documents upon persons.   ADD, and for a Process Server to have an address to deliver the documents, the Respondent or their legal team must have provided it.

Don't panic, don't fret.  I am sure it will all sort.  https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

JM

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Townsville vs Brisbane reference

I was looking for an early 1900s divorce. The male remarried in Brisbane. His first wife was murdered in Rockhampton, after his second marriage. I checked for divorce in Brisbane, but nothing found. I contacted the Rockie courthouse and nothing there either.

I was divorced when living on the Sunshine Coast, Qld, in the ‘80s. It all went through Brisbane, not the local court.

Of course this doesn’t help with Townsville in the ‘60s. I think contacting the Townsville courthouse to ask them what was the go in the ‘60 wouldn’t hurt.

You may not be getting much attention, as you have posted your enquiry in the ‘Australia lookups COMPLETED’ section. Use the ‘report to moderator’ button and ask for your threads to be moved to the main Australia board.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 06:15 GMT (UK) »
The online index of passenger arrivals readily available at naa.gov.au has a Mr and Mrs ROEHE’s incoming passenger cards.    She is NOT the lass who married your Grandfather.   

I will send you a PM.  I have several living relatives the same age as Mr Roehe. They are not members of RChat, but they do follow the threads that I post on.  They are very concerned for their own personal privacy, and expect that any elderly person alive in Australia is accorded respect and their personal privacy is safeguarded.    I am of a similar age to his wife, and I am very much alive. 

I have NOT found any indication to show that any of these three people are no longer living :
the married couple found arriving by air (detailed in a PM to our OP) or the lass who sought a divorce in 1976 in Queensland.  I have searched the various online resources including the ryerson index and various online indexes for cemeteries/crematoria in Queensland and in New South Wales 

Ryerson Index : http://ryersonindex.org/index.htm
Helen Blanche DD 26 Nov 2003,  late of Dee Why.

JM