Author Topic: Eamer family from Berkshire.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline lorraineosborne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Eamer family from Berkshire.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 March 20 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for that. If only these ancestors knew what a problem they cause us.  I'll look at the Census again and see if anything else comes up.
Thanks again
Loz57

Offline lorraineosborne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 March 20 13:30 GMT (UK) »
I have looked very thoroughly into the Eamer family.
I can find Frederick and Ellen on the Electoral rolls but still not on the 1911 census.
I will take back that something could have been wrong in the family because Frederick and Ellen  seemed to have lived at 4 Rose Court at least until 1924.
He died in 1926 and as the death record says, he was baptised as Frederick Daniel and shows on the Electoral registers as Frederick Daniel - however, he must have been known as Edward or even Ted, and was registered under the name Edwin Daniel.
On FindMyPast, I found a birth registration for Edwin Daniel and a baptism for Frederick Daniel at St Paul's church. On the baptism record, the mother's name is Annie - I hope that is wrong otherwise it throws the whole thing up in the air again.
On Ancestry, I have records showing Daniel Eamer (Edwin's father) was married to Ellen Rummey.
After looking very carefully at transcripts and actual records, I can see that the Vol and Page numbers have been matched up wrongly.
I am now sure that Daniel Eamer married Ellen Goddard, Sep 1864 in Wokingham,  Ellen Rummy married David Page in Sep Qtr 1864 in Bradfield.
Loz57

Offline MarysInMyTree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 21 March 20 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Yes I think Ellen Goddard is correct.
If you look at gro births it shows  mother's maiden name is Goddard.
I think the baptism certificate with mother  "Annie" is wrong. It gives residence as Embrook. This agrees with their location in the 1881 census.
Thanks for updating us.
Cumberland: Corson, Eilbeck, Frear(s), Gunson, Jackson, Jardin(e), Jordan, Lawson, Lowery, Noble, Sim(m), Smallwood, Tyson, Williamson, Wilson
Kent: Anscomb(e), Fisher, Watts
Devon: Moule
Glamorganshire: Evans, James, Lloyd, Moule, Rees
Lancashire/Merseyside: Birchall, Campbell, Chesworth, Disley, Fisher, Howard, Price

Offline lorraineosborne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 21 March 20 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes I've checked all the births and they all match with mother's name Goddard. Glad you agree with the error on mother's name.
With regard to his name, maybe the parents were in disagreement over his name so registered one and baptised him another. Then later in life he decided to make it simple and be Edward or Ted.  Who knows but its been a confusing search.
Thanks again

Loz57