Author Topic: Benjamin Jennings 1805 Was he the son of George?  (Read 484 times)

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Benjamin Jennings 1805 Was he the son of George?
« on: Wednesday 11 March 20 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Why is it the Jennings family are always a problem?

I spent many hours working out who John Jennings my G G Grandfather was now I have another Jennings problem.

According to someone who is my 4th to 6th cousin ( Ancestry DNA ) they are descended from Benjamin Jennings who was born in either East or Botolph Claydon in c1805.

I can see on another tree that Benjamin was the son of George Jennings and Catherine nee Robertson but I can't see that they have a baptism for him.

There appear to be 2 siblings to Benjamin, George and Mathias.

Now I don't know for sure that my John was descended from a Jennings, he wasn't born with that surname John Jennings snr. was the man his mother married.

So it does look like he was, because of this I am interested in who Benjamin was.

Hope I haven't made this too complicated, but I would like to know if there is a baptism for Benjamin.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Jennings 1805 Was he the son of George?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 21:17 GMT (UK) »
No, he wasn't the son of George.

From FindMyPast baptisms:

Benjamin Jennins bp.13/1/1805 East Claydon, son of Charles and Sarah.

Siblings also as Jennins:

George bp.6/6/1791
Thomas bp.14/7/1793
William bp.1/4/1798
Richard bp. ditto
Daniel bp.16/2/1800
Sarah bp.17/10/1802
Peter bp.13/1/1805 (same date as Benjamin)
then as Jennings:
Anne bp.29/11/1807

With 2 occasions where 2 children baptised same day as I can only view a transcript don't know if they were possibly twins.

Charles Jennings married Sarah Daine on 19/5/1788 East Claydon.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Jennings 1805 Was he the son of George?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 March 20 07:43 GMT (UK) »
Annette  Thanks for that, now to try and fit him in with John. More work I think.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk