Author Topic: Ancestry thrulines evaluations  (Read 622 times)

Offline ladybird

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Oh golly
    • View Profile
Ancestry thrulines evaluations
« on: Wednesday 11 March 20 23:04 GMT (UK) »
This may have been asked before but how do I add notes to these please. Ancestry have put up a 4th g/grandmother for me to evaluate and while there are several other trees that have included this lady, I know for a fact (Will dated 1812) that her daughter of the same name as my 3rd g/grandmother actually married someone else. ???
Any suggestions please
Main names:
Scotland (Travellers) - Townsend/Townsley, Conway, Stewart
Lanark and Stirling - Jeffrey.
Northumberland/ Durham - Newton, Nixon, Sharp, Greaves, Naters
Warwickshire and London - Garfield.
Ireland, Co. Kerry - Marah/Meara/Mara, McClure, Howard, Melvin
Lincs - Smith, Vinter

other offshoots - Berry, Steven, Craig, Atkins, Fuller, , Stewart, Conway, Heather,

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry thrulines evaluations
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 23:35 GMT (UK) »

You can't alter what Ancestry suggests as Thrulines. The only thing you can do is ignore them. You could contact the match and tell them that the Thrulines suggestion is incorrect, and work to find out where the actual connection between you is.

You can accept, ignore or remain undecided about hints for individual people, I wish the same applied to Thrulines.

Regards Margaret

STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline ladybird

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Oh golly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Margaret I thought that might be the case. Such a shame  :( there's a lot of matches!
The thing is too that this info is not hard to debunk (don't even have to send for the will) as on one of my 3rd g/grandmother Ruth's children's birth certs it lists her (Ruth) as daughter of Edward....(not Cornelius)
oh well :-) Sylvia
Main names:
Scotland (Travellers) - Townsend/Townsley, Conway, Stewart
Lanark and Stirling - Jeffrey.
Northumberland/ Durham - Newton, Nixon, Sharp, Greaves, Naters
Warwickshire and London - Garfield.
Ireland, Co. Kerry - Marah/Meara/Mara, McClure, Howard, Melvin
Lincs - Smith, Vinter

other offshoots - Berry, Steven, Craig, Atkins, Fuller, , Stewart, Conway, Heather,

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 March 20 07:25 GMT (UK) »
At the moment the only way to fix it is to persuade those who have the wrong information in their trees to make corrections. At least ThruLines evaluations gives you clues as to which trees it is pulling the information from.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 March 20 08:33 GMT (UK) »
And they don't all have to change, just enough to tip the balance in the right direction.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 March 20 08:50 GMT (UK) »
I ignore them. As Margaret says, it's the only way.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***