Author Topic: death in tenerife how do i find info  (Read 6163 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: death in tenerife how do i find info
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 21 May 20 14:57 BST (UK) »
Odd indeed  :-\ Good luck Sam with the continuing searches.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 21 May 20 15:04 BST (UK) »
I have to say I have used this site for a few years now for my own family research and every one has been very helpful , friendly and full of knowledge  , but my friend has said a few times thers something strange on her mam,s death hence me placing request for help on hear , she is almost certain she has year correct,  as she took a picture of her only son starting school to give to her mother on returned from xmas break and this is when she died and never got to see her grandson in his school uniform , so very sad

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 21 May 20 15:24 BST (UK) »
Your friend's dad must have come back with Spanish death certs in order to report her mum's death to Scottish authorities such as bank, NHS, HM pension service for state pension etc?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 21 May 20 15:41 BST (UK) »
This is what I said to her but nothing can be found on her concerning her death ,, I do know my friend went over to bring her dad back to Scotland,, with out her mams ashes he refused to bring them with him and they were scared over there which still upsets her as she can not go to visit her mothers ashes

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 24 May 20 06:40 BST (UK) »
sam swift , I spoke to my friend yesterday she said the hotel informed them [[ her and her 2 sisters ] of there mothers death they all went over and had to travel a long distance on something like a motor way , to collect mothers ashes , it was not in the papers in Scotland because Margarets sister was very upset over nothing in the papers ,.. I don't know if any of this helps ,, but I ask another question , if she died over there shouldn't her death still be registard on scotlands people and show in the search results ??

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 24 July 20 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Oldhippyone

If Scotland's Registration system is the same as England and Wales, then it would also be possible to register an overseas death in Scotland as well as in Tenerife, but, when my father died in Spain, we didn't bother doing it, because we saw no point at the time and is also cost an extra £70 as far as I remember.

I had another response from a Registry office today and Margaret's death was not registered there as far as they can tell, but they are looking again. Since they emailed me, I was able this time to ask them if they have any suggestions as to which Registry office to try next, otherwise it's a hit and miss thing, so I'm hoping they may be a bot more understanding and helpful than they were at the Santa Cruz Registry Office.

I tried contacting one crematorium I thought that might be a possible, but haven't had any response sadly to my communications. I know you say the sisters traveled a long way on what was like a motorway to collect Margaret's ashes and I know it's difficult to remember with the shock at the time, but do they have any idea about how long they traveled for - 1 hour, 2 hours 3 hours  etc; which could help narrow down the crematorium at least and then I cam try and contact them too.

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 24 July 20 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for not forgetting about the death ,, I'm actually seeing her daughter tomorrow ,, sat ,, I will ask her what she can remember ,, if you want me to ask her anything else then let me know befor sat morning and thanks again

Online AntonyMMM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 24 July 20 15:26 BST (UK) »
You can't register an overseas death in England & Wales - I don't know about Scotland.

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 24 July 20 15:42 BST (UK) »
[quote
. I know you say the sisters traveled a long way on what was like a motorway to collect Margaret's ashes and I know it's difficult to remember with the shock at the time, but do they have any idea about how long they traveled for - 1 hour, 2 hours 3 hours  etc; which could help narrow down the crematorium at least and then I cam try and contact them too.
[/quote]

From the Aiport in the South the main airport. Nowhere as a main destination on a motorway is more than one hour away and that is the capital Puerto de la cruz.
The two main crematoria in Tenerife are at Candelaria and close to the North airport at Santa cruz de Tenerife. They are both run by a company called Servisa with offices in Guaza phone number is 0034-922 169157.
Dow/Dowe Norfolk and Suffolk
Mulley/Wilden Suffolk
Loome/lombe Norfolk