Author Topic: Myfanwy Williams, 3 Jul 1909 Newbroughton, Denbighshire, Wales  (Read 2522 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Myfanwy Williams, 3 Jul 1909 Newbroughton, Denbighshire, Wales
« Reply #18 on: Friday 20 March 20 18:50 GMT (UK) »
I might have traced daughter Myfanwy from 1901. Next found in  Pendleton aged 16 and a servant.Born Tanyfron which is the same area.
 In 1918 she married in West Derby to William Percy Owen a schoolmaster,  she died in 1975 Lichfield, dob is on the index.  1894.

Just a little bit more to throw in the mix.

Just to clarify, this one is a daughter of John and Susannah. As Junie was also asking about the Williams family, then
this child is part of it.

It would be good if Junie had the Williams / Collins marriage certificate to confirm fathers name.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 March 20 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wilcoxon

Please read all previous replies - particularly replies 14 & 15.   The Myfanwy we are trying to trace parents for was born 1909 as per her death reg.  She was 3yrs old in 1911 so there is no question of her being on the 1901 census.   The Myfanwy you refer to above was another daughter of John & Susannah whereas “our” Myfanwy was their grand daughter

Poster has already been advised to buy the 1937 marriage cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 21 March 20 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wilcoxon

Please read all previous replies - particularly replies 14 & 15.   The Myfanwy we are trying to trace parents for was born 1909 as per her death reg.  She was 3yrs old in 1911 so there is no question of her being on the 1901 census.   The Myfanwy you refer to above was another daughter of John & Susannah whereas “our” Myfanwy was their grand daughter

Poster has already been advised to buy the 1937 marriage cert

I know, but Junie was also asking about the" Williams" family in her other post.

By 1911 some of John and Susannah s children had died. Is it possible that "our Myfanwy " was the daughter of one of those. You have traced the family back, and I have found one not at home in 1911.
As a matter of interest to me, the family were living in my village at one time, about 5 minutes walk away.

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 21 March 20 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I wondered if you were a member of Ancestry?

There are a number of trees on there referring to John Collins/Myfanwy Williams and you could contact the tree owners to compare notes and information.

Alan

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 21 March 20 09:03 GMT (UK) »

As a matter of interest to me, the family were living in my village at one time, about 5 minutes walk away.

Did you know them?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 21 March 20 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Ref reply 20 - please see 3rd para from end of reply 15

There is no Myfanwy Williams birth 1907 - 1911 with a mmn Williams.  Her birthplace in 1911 was indicative of a registration in the Wrexham RD and there is only one Myfanwy Williams birth in that RD which was in 1910 - mmn was not Williams

John & Susannah had mainly daughters so if any had married another Williams or had an illegitimate birth any registration would either show mmn Williams or omit mmn

John & Susannah only had one son old enough to have fathered a child in 1909 and that is Joseph b 1886 who is shown as unmarried in 1911.   

If she was the illegitimate daughter of Joseph - it’s possible she was registered under a different surname but adopted the Williams surname

However - only one birth for a Myfanwy in the Sept qtr 1909 Wrexham.  Surname was Davies and mmn was Roberts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 21 March 20 11:40 GMT (UK) »
I think,as Carole suggested much earlier on, the best course is to obtain the marriage cert. but, even then, the info about the father may be wrong if she was illegitimate. My grandfather's sister gave her grandfather's name and my grandfather gave his own name.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 21 March 20 13:50 GMT (UK) »

Did you know them?

Not personally of course, but my mother was a Hughes  whose  ancestors  also came from the Northop area.. Some  settled in Gwersyllt  and others moved to Broughton.  It was a large family so  difficult to trace them all especially as 1841 is missing. All hard working coal miners .
Susannah`s Hughes family are in Bersham / Coedpoeth   by 1861,  and after her marriage to John Williams in 1877 (civil)  they were in Gwersyllt in 1881 on Station Road.
Also some  of my Coedpoeth relatives  married Hughes from Halkyn / Northop. It`s another line  worth  me to look at. But --- Hughes  ::) and non conformist  :(