Author Topic: Please help! Family tree brick wall  (Read 2661 times)

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Please help! Family tree brick wall
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 March 20 16:41 GMT (UK) »
While looking forward to the reopening of all the Suffolk archives offices when the Coronavirus pandemic is history, there are several online sources to explore.

I'd recommend a new posting to RootsChat's Suffolk forum, asking whether anyone knows of a connection between Anne Taylor (bapt. 1720) and James (bapt. 1752). It would be helpful of you to provide a link to this page (https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=827174) to avoid unnecessary duplication of research.

If you have no luck with that and other websites, you don't have to join the Suffolk Family History Society before contacting a member whose interests include the Taylor family of Bury St Edmunds. See https://suffolkfhs.co.uk/index.php/interests.

Best of luck
David

Offline missctaylor91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 March 20 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I will do!

Offline StefanD99

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 March 20 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello missctaylor91,
I'm not much more than a beginner myself, and this is a longshot I know. It is possible that Ann was married and her husband died shortly before she gave birth. This happened to an ancestor of mine. It might be worth looking for other births where Ann and a husband are recorded as parents. Sorry if you've already tried this.
Stefan
Oh! What a tangled web we perceive,
where ancestors try to hide and deceive.