Author Topic: State of emergency Covid 19 (Part 3)  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of emergency Covid 19 (Part 3)
« Reply #90 on: Friday 20 March 20 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Schools in the UK are all closed from this weekend.

If you need any gaffa tape, get down to the shops quickly before the panic-buying sets in.

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Friday 20 March 20 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Notice seen on local shop's door.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Friday 20 March 20 07:15 GMT (UK) »

Why not sign-up (FREE) for any Govt (UK) updates directly?     

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/     

Re the advice to freeze milk . . . . .     
"DO NOT FREEZE GLASS!"

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Friday 20 March 20 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Went to the local supermarket this morning, for the "oldies" one hour before the young uns were allowed in ::)

Managed to get almost everything we were looking for. There was a long line to get ln, with only one door out of three open, with a staff member on duty checking ID's to ensure no young  ones sneak in. Was much busier than usual.

Later went to the local chemist to get some scripts made up. They had plenty of stock to unload from the transport boxes. It appears that some people are trying to stockpile medications :-X :-X :-X

Yes some are trying to get 3mon supplies.  The pharmacists are working to try and maintain flow of stock so everyone can get them and give a month's worth at a time.  Prescription volume (per day) has significantly increased, so much so some are actually reducing their opening hours so that they can catch up on dispensing and ordering tasks (while maintaining accuracy).  This is because it's even more difficult to do with constant interruptions from phonecalls, foot fall etc.  Additionally it is to prevent the backlog of scripts causing long queues in the shop and unnecessary closeness of people.  SOme pharmacies are handing stuff out at the door to mitigate this.  Friends are reporting that they are suffering from a significant increase in abuse from members of the public. 
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Friday 20 March 20 08:30 GMT (UK) »
The Isle of Man Government has imposed a mandatory 14 day isolation period for ALL people arriving on the island.

Today we have news of the first arrest of someone failing to self isolate.
Punishable by a fine of up to £10000,or 3 months in prison.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Friday 20 March 20 09:01 GMT (UK) »
The Isle of Man Government has imposed a mandatory 14 day isolation period for ALL people arriving on the island.

Today we have news of the first arrest of someone failing to self isolate.
Punishable by a fine of up to £10000,or 3 months in prison.

I think we need to consider that, I've heard of many cases of symptomatic people not even managing to obey for 12 hrs (even trying to visit the hospital), they don't care about anybody so maybe they'd carea about losing money.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 20 March 20 09:05 GMT (UK) »
I feel I must praise my local supermarket, don't think I can name them but they have orange in their logo

Arrived at 06.45 a  queue  but orderly, not all over 70's I might add, door opened at 07.00  I offered my bus pass but the staff at the door said I didn't look a day over 21, made my day but they lied!!,  door staff pleasant, was a really nice shopping trip, no one pushing and shoving, normally I go at 08.00 every Friday but I made the effort, glad I did , couldn't get everything I needed but I can manage,  everyone seemed to be pleasant and the till staff deserve medals, quite a nice experience if you could call shopping nice.

I am considering what I ought to do next week

Well done the orange super market

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 20 March 20 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Martin - sorry to hear you have hurt you back. Hope your good lady is looking after you. Perhaps an extra glass or two of wine will help ease the pain :) :)

KGarrad - The Isle of Man are being very sensible in my opinion maybe we should follow suit here in the UK.

louisa maud  - Gosh you were up very early this morning but at least you got most of your shopping and a bit of a laugh which we all need at the moment.

Those stupid phone calls have not stopped as we had one early this morning about our internet being down. My husband gave him a telling off (well that is the printable version of the conversation)

Take care everyone and stay safe,

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Friday 20 March 20 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Dowdstree, my neighbour and I got a bit confused with seeing so many school children when we returned home, then we realised we were driving past when they were going to school, normally they are long gone into school by the time we return, so I reckon being up early  has made me confused.com

Martin, take care with your back, long story but I have had 10 months of sessions with a chiropractor, did some good but it is sporadic so I have cancelled it for the time being, hot water bottles sometimes helps

It is nice enough today for me to put the rest of my primroses out, will leave it till PM when I think people will be out walking as they were on Tuesday, was a sociable time with people I had never met before, it does brighten up my garden which we all need

Take care

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London