Author Topic: Scoonie MIs  (Read 560 times)

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scoonie MIs
« on: Thursday 19 March 20 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody have the MIs for Scoonie?
I’m looking for a George Suttie who was buried there Dec 1864.
According to a listing of Fife Suttie burials I have, his wife Margaret  was also buried there in 1834. It’s not clear from the listing I have if this is the same grave.
Also one of their sons, Robert buried 1828 ‘aged 7’. Again unclear if this is the same grave - I would imagine on one of the parent’s anyway.
I also know a John Suttie was buried there March 1837, but haven’t seen that there’s an MI for him (he was drowned there and they didn’t find his body for 2 weeks).

Many thanks
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Scoonie MIs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 March 20 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scoonie MIs
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 March 20 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Existing thread on same people https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=827224

Thanks for linking this to the other thread asking for the newspaper report of his death Forfarian.
Now I'm trying to find the MIs!  :) especially of the one who I think is this man's son and wife.
As I say, I have a transcript index, but it's very brief, and would really like to see the full inscription if anybody has them.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs