Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 4)  (Read 5130 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 4)
« Reply #162 on: Saturday 21 March 20 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Re people moving areas, I heard on our news that people are going to their holiday homes in Yorkshire, as they'd rather be in isolation there than at home. Cornwall are having a similar problem with the second home owners arriving for the duration. The usual residents are vey worried about this , because of the impact on healthcare resources, shopping and of course the virus being spread .
I must admit for me, I'd much rather be safe here at home .
I feel that if they got this food and loo roll situation sorted in the uk,  there'd be a lot less anxiety about the immediate situation.
North East of England

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Saturday 21 March 20 18:49 GMT (UK) »
The new thread for the party.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=827476.new#new

I haven't intended to upset anyone and I know people are dying.  I am very sorry about that, obviously.  This was meant to be a light-hearted attempt to help people who may be isolating alone to cheer them up. 

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Saturday 21 March 20 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes, sorry from me too Carol.  I discussed this with OH but I had seen it before.  It really hits home how easy a virus of this sort can get out of hand.

The 'It's only flu' brigade are really starting to annoy me.  I have to admit I was in that group a few weeks ago but I recovered.  People should be doing as advised or it will be a lot worse than it needs to be.

I reacted strongly when someone got close & touched me yesterday. The only people allowed to do that are NHS staff.
I met with "Corona Virus is a big hoax", (said in jest, I think) on my way home from radiotherapy yesterday. I'd already stepped out of his path to avoid being near him. According to research, it's mostly white men who are the sceptics or the don't cares. It's to do with a male's willingness to take risks - useful in wartime and hunting but not what we need at present.   
Cowban

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Saturday 21 March 20 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Yes, sorry from me too Carol.  I discussed this with OH but I had seen it before.  It really hits home how easy a virus of this sort can get out of hand.

The 'It's only flu' brigade are really starting to annoy me.  I have to admit I was in that group a few weeks ago but I recovered.  People should be doing as advised or it will be a lot worse than it needs to be.

I reacted strongly when someone got close & touched me yesterday. The only people allowed to do that are NHS staff.
I met with "Corona Virus is a big hoax", (said in jest, I think) on my way home from radiotherapy yesterday. I'd already stepped out of his path to avoid being near him. According to research, it's mostly white men who are the sceptics or the don't cares. It's to do with a male's willingness to take risks - useful in wartime and hunting but not what we need at present.

I think you’re right. A group of uni students in a shared house have all been unwell but found time to go out for one last night before the pubs shut yesterday. Guess what ! they’ve all gone home to their parents. Except for the lad who phoned to say he was coming home and was told in no uncertain terms to stay where is  >:(
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline ms_canuck

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Saturday 21 March 20 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Re people moving areas, I heard on our news that people are going to their holiday homes in Yorkshire, as they'd rather be in isolation there than at home. Cornwall are having a similar problem with the second home owners arriving for the duration.

My cousin living in North Wales just noted that caravan parks close to where she lives are starting to fill up!  Surely those who own those parks should be more responsible and turn people back?  Here in Canada some people are heading up North to their cottages - at least those are fairly isolated and self-contained and have (usually) all mod cons - so no real impact to the residents of any surrounding towns.

Ms_C
1. Paul - Guernsey 1801
2. Ettenton / Eltenton - Guernsey 1806

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Saturday 21 March 20 19:50 GMT (UK) »
None of us is taking this situation light heartedly ,  sometimes at times like 
this that are so worrying  we do need a bit of a break,   it is light hearted banter that has been suggested brightens up our day if we are isolated, I am awaiting a call from someone who I know will be all doom and gloom, I have asked her by text, please no doom and gloom.

I like others are very concerned , it is an unknown future for us all and none of us is taking it light heartedly , we all know the implications

My granddaughter is returning  home from Uni, her classes have all been shut down and lost her job, I for one will be pleased to see her home but she also has an unknown future along with so many others

So I welcome the light hearted banter to soften the blow as it were

Take care

LOUISA MAUD

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London