Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 4)  (Read 5105 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 4)
« Reply #81 on: Friday 20 March 20 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Speaking of "bad taste",the alternative I'm glad I didn't take,though regretted trying later,was Palwin No 10 Menorah Kosher red wine.Yuk!

Roger

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Friday 20 March 20 23:28 GMT (UK) »
I'll bring a jar of Homepride’s Sausage Casserole Sauce – only 18 months out of date!! But you'll have to  bring your own sausage to dunk.

The song:
“The day after tomorrow - will be here soon” (sung by Vera Lynn as in a radio broadcast) from Lionel Bart’s musical “Blitz!” - I saw the original production in 1962 and although, of course, I was a mere babe-in-arms, I remember it very well!   ;D ;D
https://youtu.be/K4TvgejgqBQ

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Friday 20 March 20 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Being Scottish I have Haggis, Neeps and Tatties in the freezer (courtesy of Aldi's) also my o/h has a bottle (unopened) of Glemorangie in the cupboard which we can have for our party.

My song is Sunshine On Leith by the Proclaimers.

Slainte

Dorrie

You'll like this then Dorrie https://www.facebook.com/scottishbanter1/videos/194952845266470/?q=sunshine%20on%20leith&epa=SEARCH_BOX
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Saturday 21 March 20 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Made me laugh
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Saturday 21 March 20 01:01 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure if I delve into the darkest recesses of the cupboard I can find a !970s Vesta Curry(the one with raisins)

Their Nasi Goreng was the best!

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/47122204

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/51188228

Debra  :)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Saturday 21 March 20 01:19 GMT (UK) »
Tin of peaches best before date June 2019. May be the sole survivor of my Brexit Hoard Mk. 1. Can it bring a couple of friends, a tin of pears (Brexit Hoard Mk. 2) and a tin of tomatoes (Brexit Hoard Mk. 3) ? I ate all the other tinned tomatoes, pasta varieties, jars of pasta sauce and assorted tins of fish from Brexit Hoards 1, 2 & 3 long since. Couple of bottles European wine left from Brexit Hoard 4 because I was on antibiotics when I'd intended to open them.
Song: anything by Bread.   
Cowban

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Saturday 21 March 20 03:04 GMT (UK) »
I am afraid I cannot bring any Ben Ean mosel to the party, as it got drunk thirty years ago. Also our tastes have "improved" since then, now into sauvignon blanc.

Should be able to supply some bread, as the local baker is still operating at the moment.

Mind is blank (more so than usual) regarding any songs for the occasion.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Saturday 21 March 20 05:37 GMT (UK) »
I'll bring a jar of Homepride’s Sausage Casserole Sauce – only 18 months out of date!! But you'll have to  bring your own sausage to dunk.

I can beat that. ;D  3x Schwartz Spag Bol mix and 2 x Schwartz Chili Con Carne mix, all best before Oct 2017.  Currently on offer in one of the Supermarkets but out of stock when had delivery on Tuesday (along with about 60% of the order).  However the low fact Pork mince was available so they are going to get used.  I'm sure they'll be fine. ;)
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Saturday 21 March 20 06:48 GMT (UK) »
if you're getting bored and don't know what to do - you can listen to over 2000 editions, since 1942, of ‘Desert Island Discs’!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnmr

My mate just said he’s run out of toilet paper and is having to use lettuce leaves...Today was the tip of the iceberg.

’Enter new password’ - ‘chicken’ - ‘Password must contain a capital’ - ‘chickenkiev.’