Author Topic: It's safe to read newspapers?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: It's safe to read newspapers!
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:25 GMT (UK) »

lol  ;D ;D

People Are Using Alternatives To Toilet Paper, And It Could End Up Clogging Sewage Pipes.......
wipes, napkins, or paper towels

Not could. it already has in places.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Do not rely on hand sanitizers very few of them have a high enough alcohol content to form a protection, in a similar way even neat vodka does not contain enough alcohol to be of any use, it has to be at least 60% alcohol but preferable higher percentage alcohol content.

Washing with soap and water then drying with a paper towel is the best protection.

Keep hand sanitizers for cleaning your smart phone as long as it contains over 60% alcohol, better still avoid using your smart phone as much as possible and keep it at home to be used only after washing your hands.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:49 GMT (UK) »

lol  ;D ;D

People Are Using Alternatives To Toilet Paper, And It Could End Up Clogging Sewage Pipes.......
wipes, napkins, or paper towels

Not could. it already has in places.

good grief, hadn't picked up on that one Groom.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 22 March 20 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 22 March 20 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Just as I predicted two weeks ago when having a conversation about people stockpiling toilet rolls.  I think I'll have to take up fortune telling.  ;) 
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 March 20 16:00 GMT (UK) »
We're quite lucky where we live now, half the population is over 50 and although the maniacs have stripped the shelves at Tesco, Lidl and Morrisons seem fairly well stocked.  Also when my husband went for the paper today!! we have a token so he just hands that over - he was able to buy a pack of 4 toilet rolls. He said there was only one other customer in the shop.  He went to his allotment, only 2 other men there and nowhere near each other.  He stopped at Lidl on the way home because the car park was nearly empty and bought some pasta.  We've got everything we need for a few months, but then we usually do have, we freeze meat as we buy it, chops, mince etc. we've frozen veg if we can't go out to get fresh veg, and a larder fairly well stocked.  Not over stocked but having been born in 1941 we were so used to our parents having 2 or 3 tins of fruit, veg, beans etc. that since the day we were married we've followed suit.  Also OH brought back 2 1/2lb of rhubarb from his allotment so that's been dealt with and is now in the fridge, along with some he brought last week - apart from what I used to make a pie which is now in the oven.  ::)