Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)  (Read 6758 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 March 20 16:15 GMT (UK) »
My daughter's friend has juts come to the door to see if she's coming out to play.  I swear that will well and truly be what pushes my sanity over the edge.  When we do end up with full enforced locked down I know who I'm going to blame, all those who are completely and utterly incapable of following basic advice.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 22 March 20 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Well then, I have just heard that several members of my regular singing group have been confirmed as having, or having had, the virus. It will be a fortnight on Tuesday since we last met but I'm not sure how long I have to wait before saying that I am "safe" from that particular source.

Also, without any other symptoms, I have had this for the last four days..

https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/18324491.loss-smell-taste-coronavirus-symptoms/?ref=fbshr&fbclid=IwAR338BUSwiMMAFFzGjd-9tPVljVMW3KzBbolhENa_DIEIp_bkEFNjhfr2-A

There is no way I will be tested on this basis but how do I know if I have had it?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 22 March 20 16:57 GMT (UK) »
So much for social distancing.....

Have you seen the pictures of the crowds that have flocked to Bournemouth, Brighton, Skegness and probably many, many more.............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Sandra

I expect they were having a good day out after stripping the shelves bare in their local supermarkets  :-X

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 22 March 20 17:06 GMT (UK) »

There is no way I will be tested on this basis but how do I know if I have had it?

Raised temp and/or new persistent dry cough - mildly
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 22 March 20 17:08 GMT (UK) »

Deaths up another 47 to 281 - over 5700 cases reported but probably many more.....................
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 22 March 20 17:10 GMT (UK) »

Neither of those things, though I do have a permanent persistent cough, so I could have missed that aspect of it. I usually know when "my" cough changes to something which could be infection related but not always. About a week ago, I felt just a tiny bit feverish but it was minimal and I decided that I was just being paranoid.

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 22 March 20 17:15 GMT (UK) »
I despair!

Do they think its a holiday? Are they really all so damned ignorant that they don't think it will happen to them?

I suspect all this reporting of deaths of the elderly with underlying health problems has lulled them into a false sense of security that indeed it won't happen to them.

Scrolling down Sandra's link, I see The Morons are still stripping supermarket shelves as soon as they're filled and totally ignoring avoiding the hour laid aside for NHS staff.

Before all this, I hadn't realised what a nasty set of pillocks Brits have become (sorry - perhaps its different in Wales and Scotland?). Speaking in general, of course.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 22 March 20 17:28 GMT (UK) »

You can't know for sure if you've had it without testing.  The mild version is like so many other infections in terms of the way you feel.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 22 March 20 17:30 GMT (UK) »
I despair!

Do they think its a holiday? Are they really all so damned ignorant that they don't think it will happen to them?

I suspect all this reporting of deaths of the elderly with underlying health problems has lulled them into a false sense of security that indeed it won't happen to them.

Scrolling down Sandra's link, I see The Morons are still stripping supermarket shelves as soon as they're filled and totally ignoring avoiding the hour laid aside for NHS staff.

Before all this, I hadn't realised what a nasty set of pillocks Brits have become (sorry - perhaps its different in Wales and Scotland?). Speaking in general, of course.

Not different in SCotland I'm afraid, a colleague went this morning.  She said they weren't checking ID just asking if you were NHS, said it was busier than normal for a Sunday morning.  One nurse there in uniform allegedly.