Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)
« Reply #81 on: Monday 23 March 20 10:54 GMT (UK) »
I wish the media had kept this totally to themselves. We wouldn't be in any much more danger, and we certainly wouldn't be worrying about it.

The feeling I get, out and about during the last few days is half the people in the UK are in a state of panic and half couldn't care less. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Martin

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:05 GMT (UK) »
You are quite right Martin, I feel in the state of panic to be honest but I am more fortunate than some others who don't share their lives with a  partner or family or  have someone to talk to, I have sent emails and texts to my family, I wonder who will reply, I just want everyone to stay safe as we all do and return to some sort of normality

I have decided to spring clean,  am taking the beds right back to the mattress and washing everything, can't miss out on such a lovely day weather-wise,  might collapse  onto a garden chair  PM as out 3 piece is away being recovered, all bad timing but it was already set up along with a new carpet.

Please take care

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:07 GMT (UK) »

So pleased to hear you have your Sainsbury's delivering coming... it's quite a stress wondering how long you're going to gave to wait...

I placed an order with Waitrose last week but delivery slot long way ahead but if I collect it it's still 13th April at the earliest and even then some items not available and others been removed I keep amending it day by day.

Waitrose aren't doing special slot for 70+ and vulnerable as Sainsburys are. I've just checked. 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:10 GMT (UK) »
I do think all the hype etc in the media is what is causing a lot of the panic. It's as if they are deliberately trying to frighten people in order to get them to obey all the rules/diktats being put in place.

I have given up reading about it in the newspaper and only watch the 'official' items on TV such as the PM's daily briefing. I don't see any point in getting hysterical  because if you are going to get it, you are going to get it.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:12 GMT (UK) »

Waitrose aren't doing special slot for 70+ and vulnerable as Sainsburys are. I've just checked. 

Maybe they think most OAP's will be shopping somewhere cheaper  ;D.    ;D

I normally buy all my meat, fish and the occasional ready meal from Waitrose & M&S in store so am not getting those anymore on home delivery.  Shame M&S has not got their Ocado delivery in full swing
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:18 GMT (UK) »

So pleased to hear you have your Sainsbury's delivering coming... it's quite a stress wondering how long you're going to gave to wait...

I placed an order with Waitrose last week but delivery slot long way ahead but if I collect it it's still 13th April at the earliest and even then some items not available and others been removed I keep amending it day by day.

Our Waitrose definitely has a special slot, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. We don't normally shop there, but thought it might be less crowded, so my husband went down at 8 a.m. He reported that it wasn't at all overcrowded, and that there was a security man on the door who he saw turn a few people away.

I am in a very high risk category so now we are battening down the hatches. Luckily we have good kind neighbours.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Stay Safe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Chatters.  Nice to see everyone logging in this morning and so far all is well with most of us.
Hmmm Hong Kong perhaps starting a "second wave" of infections, people returning from overseas or that's what they are saying.  :-\

We had battened down the hatches to self isolate (health reasons) but my very young sister in law is caring for her father who was diagnosed lung cancer last September, she took leave from work to care for him.
Been doing the school run to help out and collect there two children ( 9 and 11 ) and was relieved when the schools closed on Friday.  However, things have got worse, she is living with father 24/7 and brother looks after the children at there house, father is deteriorating quickly now. My brother asked me to go look after the children earlier this morning, whilst he went to collect prescriptions and organise oxygen, doctors and macmillan nurses.  How can I refuse to help him out in these awful circumstances, I would feel selfish if I didn't but it is getting more scary now.  :'(
A few of our own neighbours have text to ask if we need anything so we have some support in the back ground if we need it.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:42 GMT (UK) »

Our Waitrose definitely has a special slot, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. We don't normally shop there, but thought it might be less crowded, so my husband went down at 8 a.m. He reported that it wasn't at all overcrowded, and that there was a security man on the door who he saw turn a few people away.

I am in a very high risk category so now we are battening down the hatches. Luckily we have good kind neighbours.

I meant home deliveries Jennifer, not shopping slots.
Our deliveries from Waitrose all come from your establishment so I assume that they have a really big catchment area - Newcastle to Carlisle. They didn't have any an hour ago and it took ages before I could log in.

Morning, Sandra  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Just read about your problems, Sandra. It's a great dilemma for you  :-\