Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)  (Read 6732 times)

guest189040

Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)
« Reply #90 on: Monday 23 March 20 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Just tried to register with Sainsburys and they have a pop up saying no new registrations due to high demand

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Monday 23 March 20 12:18 GMT (UK) »

Our Waitrose definitely has a special slot, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. We don't normally shop there, but thought it might be less crowded, so my husband went down at 8 a.m. He reported that it wasn't at all overcrowded, and that there was a security man on the door who he saw turn a few people away.

I am in a very high risk category so now we are battening down the hatches. Luckily we have good kind neighbours.

I meant home deliveries Jennifer, not shopping slots.
Our deliveries from Waitrose all come from your establishment so I assume that they have a really big catchment area - Newcastle to Carlisle. They didn't have any an hour ago and it took ages before I could log in.

Silly me  :-X Guilty of not reading all the posts properly.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Monday 23 March 20 13:21 GMT (UK) »
I am a tad confused, we over 70 are supposed to be staying in yet we are allowed to queue up en masse at certain times at super markets, I really cannot understand that, perhaps with all that is going on I am CONFUSED.COM

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Monday 23 March 20 13:23 GMT (UK) »
You are in a very difficult position Sandra and my heart goes out to you. Needs must and it is your decision how to continue to help.

A family friend has terminal cancer and was taken into hospital on Friday. His sons are allowed limited visiting but his wife who is in her 70's was told she would not be able to see her husband. She is devastated as he will never come home. However, an approach to the hospital was made on her behalf and she will be allowed to visit one last time under very strict conditions.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Monday 23 March 20 14:55 GMT (UK) »
My local County Council has detected a large increase in the amount of food waste being sent for recycling. It has reached levels normally seen after Christmas. A great deal of this increase is made up of fresh food, some still in its wrapping.
Now then, I wonder who is responsible for this and where the food has come from?. It really didn't take a genius to realise that, at some point, this would be the result of panic buying. Easy come, easy go.
Selfish ********.  >:( >:(
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday 23 March 20 15:12 GMT (UK) »
I said the same standing at a fruit and veg stall last week, yes, selfish people, people seemed to be stacking up but fresh food doesn't last forever

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 23 March 20 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hats off to Tesco. I got my delivery today (managed to get it booked nearly 3 weeks ago) and they've done pretty well. I only ordered my usual stuff - no 100x toilet rolls! Lots of substitutes, of course, but I expected that, and all are fine. The only items they couldn't substitute were crumpets and eggs. Why on earth would anyone need to bulk buy crumpets or eggs, both have limited shelf life?

As you say, Llwyd, selfish ********

That's me okay for food for a few weeks. I wonder if the panic buying will have died down by the time I'm ready to shop again?  I'll worry about that when I have to.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Boris announces some kind of official lockdown today - Nick Hancock looked pretty cheesed off with people's attitudes in an interview today. I keep telling myself that the majority of us are abiding by the advice and its just a few of those who think they're immortal ( more like, remove the 't' from that word) who aren't. It doesn't matter, though, if everyone isn't doing the sensible thing, then the rest of us are wasting our time.

HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Monday 23 March 20 15:45 GMT (UK) »
I went shopping in our local Asda today and was pleasantly surprised to see how full the shelves were looking compared to last week. Still couldn't get any spaghetti but everything else I wanted was there, so may be things are getting better. Surely people can only panic buy so much before they run out of space.

In the mean time back to isolation until more shopping is needed.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 23 March 20 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Another thought I had today, I wonder just who would expect to be first in the queue if an inoculation against Covid-19 was discovered tomorrow?.
I think I know the answer.
After all this thinking stuff I must find a darkened room and lie down!.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".