Author Topic: Refunds for cancelled event  (Read 1155 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Refunds for cancelled event
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 16:20 BST (UK) »
We had another booking for two performances at Stratford next week, the tickets have been refunded, but our hotel was booked last year on a no-cancellation basis. I doubt that would have been covered by section 75. It was paid for by credit card and was over £100 as it included advance payment for breakfasts for the two nights. The hotel wouldn't refund but I can change the dates to next year which was good of them because they had no obligation to do so in the T & C.

We had a hotel booked in Edinburgh for June on a 'no cancellation' basis and they refunded us in full without us asking
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 16:48 BST (UK) »
In June they weren't allowed to be open for tourists, only key workers, so they couldn't fulfil your contract so they had no option to refund.
Our hotel  would have been next week, it has been open since July when it was permitted. We had another hotel for a couple of nights last June and they were rather awkward about refunding, in the end we had to change the booking to 2021. A mistake because the event which we were going to nearby and were told would be equivalent dates in 2021now won't take place at all.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 16:55 BST (UK) »
In June they weren't allowed to be open for tourists, only key workers, so they couldn't fulfil your contract so they had no option to refund.

We had another hotel for a couple of nights last June and they were rather awkward about refunding, in the end we had to change the booking to 2021.

Did that rule not apply to your June booking as well or was it just because mine was in Scotland

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 16:59 BST (UK) »
It did apply, they were just being awkward, unfortunately OH accepted date change before we knew what we were entitled to.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 17:03 BST (UK) »
Entitlements were not clear in those early days, I am sure that many people opted for changing bookings as they thought that was the best they would get. 

guest189040

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 17:17 BST (UK) »
As luck would have it we just got to see our last booked show before Covid kicked off.

There are Online Concerts and Events now starting to be arranged where for a fee you can watch a concert online.

We had an email from Paul Carrack (Squeeze/Mike and the Mechanics etc) who is having an online event in October, Paul carrack . net will link you for tickets if anyone is interested.

Another Group we go so see (Gigspanner) is also having an online Concert.

Lulu is in concert this Saturday, she is superb to see live btw.

So do hunt out online shows and support the Arts, they are in pretty dire straights at present and the future does not look good for many venues.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 23:54 BST (UK) »
The National Trust has some scheme, buried deep on their website
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/help-with-your-membership-payments-due-to-coronavirus
 - looks like 25% off next year's renewal. So I suppose that equates to three months worth.

I am life member of both NT and EH, but I did get an email from EH saying they had extended my membership by 3 months!

Thanks for info and link to NT ... I went in filled in details but would t accept it so tried phoning.... long queue so will call back!
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 September 20 17:05 BST (UK) »
We also paid our National Trust membership just before lockdown - and with all the fuss of bookings etc even to park, let alone not really having many sites with houses functioning, can't see us getting any value from our membership - and they haven't contacted us, certainly.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)