Author Topic: GRONI lookup?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline ali.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GRONI lookup?
« on: Monday 23 March 20 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

Are there any rootschatters out there who would be able to do a lookup for me at GRONI in Belfast?
I have rang them and requested a search over the phone but due to technical difficulties it hasn't worked. It may be easier to just do in person but I do not live in NI. I'm willing to pay the appropriate fees for viewing the full certs.

I'm looking for a marriage certificate from c.1960 for a Gerard Kieran McCartney (or Kieran Gerard) and a Laura Patricia Smyth/Smith. Likely in Newry.

My biggest brick wall is finding the names of Laura's parents and I think her marriage cert will help me find an approximate DOB and father's name. I'm also looking for her birth certificate, but wouldn't know when to look without first seeing her marriage cert.

Could anyone help me out? I'm running out of options.

Thanks so much,
Ali
Noble, Bielby & Vipond - Scarborough and the North York coast
Goodfellow - Shaftesbury/Cann, Dorset

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ali.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: GRONI lookup?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 March 20 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes I forgot about that! Asking hopefully for when this is all over and done with.
Noble, Bielby & Vipond - Scarborough and the North York coast
Goodfellow - Shaftesbury/Cann, Dorset

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 March 20 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I'll do it for you, the next time I am able to go there. I'll send you a PM with my contact details.
Elwyn

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 August 20 22:35 BST (UK) »
Back in March you were looking for a look up in GRONI.  I offered to do it on the GRONI terminals in PRONI whenever they re-open. However GRONI itself has now re-opened for phone callers and you get a search done that way. Probably easiest for you.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/contacts/contacts-az/general-register-office-northern-ireland

Phone: 0300 200 7890

Elwyn

Offline rosh132

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 June 21 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, are there any roots-chatters in Northern Ireland who would be able to do a lookup for me at GRONI now it appears to have re-opened? The dates I need aren't online and I'm not travelling to Belfast any time soon (I live in Cornwall). I'd like to find the birth record for Leon Palmer born c.1924, died 30 Aug 1958 age 33 in a motorcycle accident in Portaferry. I'm trying to find out if he's the brother or half-brother of my grandpa, Basil Palmer. I can't find any record of the marriage of Basil's parents, Thomas John Palmer and Annie Thompson either and I know he was brought up by his grandparents.
Many thanks,
Rosheen
Browning, Kinnard, Turner, Uden, Palmer, Lawrence.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • “On the muddy paths, they glimpsed moving rags.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 June 21 18:39 BST (UK) »
I can't find any record of the marriage of Basil's parents, Thomas John Palmer and Annie Thompson either........

GRONI Marriage https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
M/1923/A1/37/8/66   Thomas Palmer to Annie Thompson   3rd April 1923       Ards

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Jon_ni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 28 June 21 11:19 BST (UK) »
dies after crash LEON PALMER (33), of 8 Hunt's Park, Donaghadee, who was injured in a road accident on Thursday night, died in Ards Hospital today. He had fallen from his motorcycle near Portaferry. An inquest will be held later.
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/bna/viewarticle?id=bl%2f0002318%2f19580830%2f018&stringtohighlight=leon%20palmer
Don't have a sub to view and a name search is not bring up subsequent death notice so might have to just search for Funeral and read them for that week.

Offline rosh132

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 03 July 21 18:15 BST (UK) »
I can't find any record of the marriage of Basil's parents, Thomas John Palmer and Annie Thompson either........

GRONI Marriage https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
M/1923/A1/37/8/66   Thomas Palmer to Annie Thompson   3rd April 1923       Ards

KG

Thank you KG, that's amazing. Really helps piece the jigsaw together.
Browning, Kinnard, Turner, Uden, Palmer, Lawrence.