Author Topic: GRONI lookup?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline rosh132

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GRONI lookup?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 July 21 18:19 BST (UK) »
dies after crash LEON PALMER (33), of 8 Hunt's Park, Donaghadee, who was injured in a road accident on Thursday night, died in Ards Hospital today. He had fallen from his motorcycle near Portaferry. An inquest will be held later.
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/bna/viewarticle?id=bl%2f0002318%2f19580830%2f018&stringtohighlight=leon%20palmer
Don't have a sub to view and a name search is not bring up subsequent death notice so might have to just search for Funeral and read them for that week.

Thank you for doing a search, this article was the only thing I could find too. But never thought to look for funeral listings. Good idea! I've had no luck looking for headstones on Billion graves and other such sites.
Browning, Kinnard, Turner, Uden, Palmer, Lawrence.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 July 21 16:37 BST (UK) »

Here's the death notice if you don't have it.
Belfast Telegraph - 30th August 1958

Note it indicates 'Funeral Arrangements later'. I can't see a further death notice which gives burial arrangements.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline rosh132

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 January 22 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year!
Sorry, I've only just seen your post when I returned to family tree research while convalescencing from Covid.  :'( Been too busy at work since the summer.

Thank you for finding it, I didn't know he was married.

Offline rosh132

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 January 22 11:13 GMT (UK) »
KG, I meant to ask, after you kindly found the marriage date for Thomas John Palmer and Annie Thompson, whether their fathers names are listed? I have about three possible Annie Thompsons in the census and I don't know which trail to follow.
Huge Thanks,
rosh132

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 January 22 11:32 GMT (UK) »
KG, I meant to ask, after you kindly found the marriage date for Thomas John Palmer and Annie Thompson, whether their fathers names are listed?

Hi,

The marriage record on GRONI https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/ should have the fathers listed.

Here's the reference information again-
M/1923/A1/37/8/66   Thomas Palmer to Annie Thompson   3rd April 1923       Ards

You will need to open an account and buy some credits. It costs £2.50 (sterling) to view a certificate.

You can view the certificate to obtain full details, including the names of his/her father.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline rosh132

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 January 22 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, that’s helpful.
Irish records seem so tricky!