Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)  (Read 14841 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)
« Reply #207 on: Friday 27 March 20 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Mike in Cumbria, (post 171) that is fantastic that you have signed up to be one of thousands of NHS volunteers!  People who have  come forward like you will no doubt have a massive impact on easing the burden which is now being placed on the NHS and this will help us all.  Thank you to you and all the other wonderful volunteers who have come forward to meet this crisis.

This website below gives info on how to sign up and what tasks might entail if anyone else might be interested and able to do it. As this appeal has been so successful it is now hoped to reach an even bigger target of 750,000.  :)

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-nhs-volunteer-responder-how-to-sign-up-apply-a9423221.html

Apparently, even those in high risk groups  such as the over 70s, pregnant or those with underlying medical conditions can be accepted to offer support to others by telephone. 

I am so glad for you Carol, that your son is home.  I can imagine how much of a relief this will be. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Friday 27 March 20 08:46 GMT (UK) »
That will have cheered up many RootsChatters on your behalf.
So very pleased for you and Thankyou for sharing,we all need all the good news we can get.
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Carol great news about your son.
Gadget I've not seen that site before with all the numbers so thanks.

We opened our upstairs window last night as I thought I'd see more of who was out from there. I could hear people further up the estate who clapped and whooped with gusto. There weren't many clapping near me but it was great to be part of it.

Practical rootschat question, people refer to reply number .... eg post number 171. Where do you find a posts number? I'm on an old iPad and I cant see number next to a post. Sorry if it's obvious , but I genuinely can't see a number.
Many thanks .
North East of England

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:09 GMT (UK) »
The post number is directly underneath the subject heading on each posting.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Carol great news about your son.
Gadget I've not seen that site before with all the numbers so thanks.

. ......

Practical rootschat question, people refer to reply number .... eg post number 171. Where do you find a posts number? I'm on an old iPad and I cant see number next to a post. Sorry if it's obvious , but I genuinely can't see a number.
Many thanks .

Very pleased for you Carol  :)

CF - the full numbers are up at about 9 pm each evening

Post number can be seen under the post heading as Reply #nnn   (as Jennifer has just shown)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Is this a first?
Mike Ashley has apologised  :o and will try to learn from his mistakes  :-X https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52061206
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:16 GMT (UK) »
 :-X :-X :-X
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:17 GMT (UK) »
The post number is directly underneath the subject heading on each posting.

OHHHHH
Now that explains it! I have an eye condition and that print to me is quite small , especially on the iPad, so I've never got my eyes on it. As they say every day is a school day and some of us are slow learners. :)
Many thanks
North East of England

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Friday 27 March 20 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The young woman who self posted (which ended up on TV) whilst on oxygen etc in ITU with the virus is now at home and looks to have recovered and the man in hospital with the tube attached to his neck says he feels he is improving, so there is also great news!

There are wonderful positive events to come out of a Crisis in which people are dying too.

Thank you to all.
 ----------
On a more serious note people are still driving to Beauty Locations and National Parks yesterday/recent days and walking and this ignores STAY AT HOME Rules.

Some UK Authorities have drones up observing walkers walking to and from their cars at the above locations (on BBC this morning) and obviously ANPR is used all the time anyway.

Coronavirus is a spreadable Disease and I understand the ban on movement is already covered by an existing UK Public Health Act in Force.

Regarding the current UK Exercise Rule, it only allows us to go for a WALK from our own front door ONCE daily, as long as SOCIAL DISTANCING is observed and those with you are from your OWN HOUSEHOLD.

We all need to keep WASHING OUR HANDS IN SOAP AND WATER too.

Stay safe - Protect the NHS, OTHERS and yourself.

Mark