Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)  (Read 14705 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:30 GMT (UK) »
My husband has just reminded me that I go to church , my reply was "better people than me will be saved", we shall see

Keep safe

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Matthew 18 : 20

1 Corinthians 3:16
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:49 GMT (UK) »
T S Eliot

The Hollow Men
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Here in Cyprus we had the lockdown you've been told to do for a couple of weeks but got stricter last night. We also have to carry ID around with us.

MOT - here they have extended the date for 3 months if your MOT is due under lockdown.

I checked the government website this morning - looks like they've only done that for HGV etcs here, not private cars - but it might change.

At present, MOT centres remain open and your car must have a valid MOT if you are driving it. However, MOT tests for buses and HGVs etc. are already suspended due to coronavirus, the same may happen with MOTs for cars soon.

That is not the whole story, even if an allowance is made you would still have to check with your insurance company to ensure they would still cover you without proof your car is roadworthy. Which is how they look at an MoT even though it only proves that at the time the car was tested.
You could find your insurance was void if you did not have a valid MoT (as some people have found when taking their cars for an MoT in normal times).

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 11:29 GMT (UK) »

We have a ding in our windscreen, we were expecting to have it fixed today. The chap texted to say he wouldn’t be coming. I didn’t think for one minute he would, although he’d be outside the house.

Some people need to be TOLD not ADVISED what they should or should not be doing.

All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Lock down in New Zealand 11.59 pm Wednesday
Just over 48 hrs notice.

Carol in New Zealand
Swift and decisive action with increasing cases since the first confirmed case 3 weeks ago and in position to arrest spread while have the opportunity. Jumped from 5 isolated and recovering cases just 10 days ago to 155 as of today, 12 recovered and 6 in hospital. Moved to level 2 alert on Saturday 21st, many cancellations and closures, level 3 on Monday 23rd with more restrictions and closures with just under 24 hrs now until lockdown ... GO HOME STAY HOME.
We're such a transient lot, cases mostly traced directly to entry from infected overseas travellers and those connected to them, so many kiwis returning home. 

Hope you're prepared Carol, many coming to the realisation still of what it will mean and what is and isn't essential but hopefully clarified by fairly clear communications ... some businesses were hoping to be included as important enough to remain open but strictly no go.

We're adaptable enough with it, particularly with a full shut down now. Husband is self employed and essential service but a few years into 70's now and so tomorrow morning doing last arranged work visit. His temperature taken and is questioned each time and substitute staff now for places that will still be open, plenty to keep us both occupied at home.  Family sorted too, one daughter and husband close enough to call on if need be. Daughter in rural northland were happy to get home last weekend after having to relocate for 6 weeks with the drought, not on town supply and water tank empty but now has been filled. They've self isolated since then, she's on maternity leave from teaching with miss nearly 6 months and is able to home school miss nearly 6 years for as long as schools are closed, end of term at Easter brought forward as from today, son in law is asthmatic but has also been nursing his back now much improved. Keeping plenty of photos and videos coming through of activities, had a demo on how to fold towels 2 ways on Sunday from granddaughter  :D Will miss being with them though for the duration.

:) mare

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Why do people make such rubbish up about a serious illness?

There's a post circulating on the internet claiming that you can self-diagnose by holding your breath for ten seconds. If you can do this, you're safe.  What utter nonsense.
The same post says that drinking hot drinks every 15 minutes can also kill the virus. Equally nonsensical.

Why don't people fact check before spreading dangerous nonsense like this?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hope this isn't going to be the beginning of nastiness:

Just read on Guardian Blog that 2 Iceland supermarket vans were subject of an arson attact in Southmead, Bristol last night. The police were also attacked when they arrived.

I remember the Tottenham riots.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Mike Ashley has covered himself in glory and shown his class (once again) by proclaiming that his Sports Direct stores will stay open because they are essential to keeping the nation fit.
I'd say he wanted to keep them open for the simple reason that he is intent on carrying on lining his own pockets and everyone else can go to hell.
Thank goodness the outcry has forced him to change his mind.

I just hope that everyone remembers this after things get back to normal and boycotts his shops. He tried to profit from  a crisis, so hopefully it will end up hurting him where it hurts most.

Let's hope you're right but sadly it's the people that aren't conforming to the new legislation that are the types that will use his shop and therefore have no idea to boycott it!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK