Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)  (Read 14840 times)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 06:51 GMT (UK) »
Saw a vehicle marked "Video Surveillance Unit" yesterday in our village.

Presumably you do know they weren't sent there by the government  to spy on your village, don't you?

Mike, saying what was seen. Absolutely no idea if related to the PM Statement or not.

Here's a clue. It wasn't.

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 08:54 GMT (UK) »
I've been sticking strictly to the government guidelines and I know they're right to take this measure. I just can't believe things have come to this and can't get rid of this horrible feeling inside, it's like a stone inside me.  I wake up every morning feeling depressed and now I just want to cry.
I feel exactly the same  :'(
Before we went onto lockdown I felt so anxious at the thought of going onto lockdown.. Now it's happened there's a weird kind of relief in it.. But I just feel down =(

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:06 GMT (UK) »

Have to get the car MOTd by next week.

My MOT expires on 29th April. Tried to book it for as soon as I was in the one month period, but local dealer couldn't do it until 6th April. At the time I booked it, there was no advice on social distancing etc so I thought no problem about driving my car there. Hoping they will collect and deliver, they didn't sound very reassuring when I phoned them yesterday.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:07 GMT (UK) »
After feeling stressed out about this situation I am telling myself there is nothing we can do about it other  than be sensible, this is me telling me, the sun is out today and it is beautiful, makes a whole lot of difference

My lounge is bare awaiting a carpet due to be fitted today, well it won't, all furniture out except 2 garden chairs we sat on last night, so we have no idea when the carpet or suite will return, one good thing is I don't have to hoover or dust the lounge, oh joy!!

If it stays nice I might just sit in the sun for awhile, I did manage to put plants out yesterday,  I know it won't be warm but hopefully I will get some Vit D

Try not to be down MrsS 2012, there is always Rootschat for a chat,  we have to be sensible

Take care

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Here in Cyprus we had the lockdown you've been told to do for a couple of weeks but got stricter last night. We also have to carry ID around with us.

MOT - here they have extended the date for 3 months if your MOT is due under lockdown.
GEDmatch M157477

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Here in Cyprus we had the lockdown you've been told to do for a couple of weeks but got stricter last night. We also have to carry ID around with us.

MOT - here they have extended the date for 3 months if your MOT is due under lockdown.

I checked the government website this morning - looks like they've only done that for HGV etcs here, not private cars - but it might change.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Mike Ashley has covered himself in glory and shown his class (once again) by proclaiming that his Sports Direct stores will stay open because they are essential to keeping the nation fit.
I'd say he wanted to keep them open for the simple reason that he is intent on carrying on lining his own pockets and everyone else can go to hell.
Thank goodness the outcry has forced him to change his mind.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Louisa  :)
Funny you don't think about the little things like MOTs etc. Obviously the PM has said only leave the house for work, food and medicine/healthcare which sounds straight forward enough but it's all those other important little things that we probably don't even think about!

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Mike Ashley has covered himself in glory and shown his class (once again) by proclaiming that his Sports Direct stores will stay open because they are essential to keeping the nation fit.
I'd say he wanted to keep them open for the simple reason that he is intent on carrying on lining his own pockets and everyone else can go to hell.
Thank goodness the outcry has forced him to change his mind.

I just hope that everyone remembers this after things get back to normal and boycotts his shops. He tried to profit from  a crisis, so hopefully it will end up hurting him where it hurts most.