Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)  (Read 14868 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 18:03 GMT (UK) »
The figures for confirmed cases in my area have been published but to be honest I find them a bit pointless when the majority of cases are not being tested. I'm not suggesting that all possibles are tested, that would be a waste of time and resources, but I'm wondering whether these comparatively low levels that are being published are leading to the dismissive attitude of some people. 
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 18:18 GMT (UK) »

I think you might be right Roobarb. The highest number recorded for W Sussex last week was 10. Then witness the scenes in Brighton and all along the coast at the weekend, they even ran a huge car boot in Brighton.
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I agree Sandra, but what I find even more disgusting are those who are now scamming people with sale of fake sanitisers, false offers to run errands for the vulnerable, health supplements" that claim to prevent infection and tests. Most are just after bank details.

Also this morning there was a piece on the radio about people spitting in the faces of police officers when told to break up a gathering.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 19:51 GMT (UK) »
A school, at an undisclosed location, appears to have solved the problem of children attending when they are not offspring of essential workers. It was revealed on Twitter "that we started with 44 key worker pupils on the playground. Each parent challenged by the Head. We had 18 at lunch".
I didn't think that would be legal but if it works! :o
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Treetotal!

Those lyrics certainly made me smile and with the glorious sunshine this morning really lifted my spirits.  I will send that on to several people I know who are self isolating - I am sure it will raise a few chuckles.  I still have to go to work - off en route to nightshift as I write this on the empty bus apart from me and driver.  I almost feel like I am self isolating though as I only go out to work and for shopping and don't see people socially like I used to. 

You take care too and thanks once again.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 20:10 GMT (UK) »
I agree Sandra, but what I find even more disgusting are those who are now scamming people with sale of fake sanitisers, false offers to run errands for the vulnerable, health supplements" that claim to prevent infection and tests. Most are just after bank details.

Also this morning there was a piece on the radio about people spitting in the faces of police officers when told to break up a gathering.

That's disgusting as well. Some people are unbelievable.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 20:23 GMT (UK) »
A school, at an undisclosed location, appears to have solved the problem of children attending when they are not offspring of essential workers. It was revealed on Twitter "that we started with 44 key worker pupils on the playground. Each parent challenged by the Head. We had 18 at lunch".

I'm sure it is legal, as schools are only open for the children of key workers, so every head teacher should be challenging parents if in any doubt.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 20:39 GMT (UK) »

I'm sure it is legal, as schools are only open for the children of key workers, so every head teacher should be challenging parents if in any doubt.

Think about it Groom, "we started with 44" - "we had 18 at Lunch". It must be my sense of humour ……  ::)

Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".