Author Topic: Look up Margovet Hulliday birth records 1850 & death record 1901  (Read 852 times)

Offline lachlan2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Look up Margovet Hulliday birth records 1850 & death record 1901
« on: Monday 22 August 05 05:29 BST (UK) »
 Look up Margovet Hulliday birth records 1850  around that time
« on: Thursday 18 August 05 06:16 BST (UK) » 

~~~~~~~~
Could someone help please to find out Margovet Hulliday she was marreid in 1868 to David Reid

Margovet Hulliday died in 1901

they had a daughter her name is Agnes Reid born 1873

sorry that all the information I do have thank you for all your help Adrian Pearce   :D

Offline lachlan2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Margovet Hulliday birth records 1850 & death record 1901
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 August 05 05:35 BST (UK) »
Look up David Reid birth records 1848
« on: Thursday 18 August 05 06:16 BST (UK) » 

~~~~~~~~
Could someone help please to find out Margovet Hulliday she was marreid in 1868 to David Reid

Margovet Hulliday died in 1901

they had a daughter her name is Agnes Reid born 1873

sorry that all the information I do have thank you for all your help Adrian Pearce   :D

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 August 05 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Adrian

Per the IGI: David REID & Margaret HALLIDAY were married:
08 JUN 1869 in Stranraer, Wigtown

Sorry I don't have 1901 and per earlier of your posts on this board in July, I know you have already learned of the family on the 1881 Census for Wigtownshire - David, Margaret and their number of children as well as Margaret's brother, her nephew  - all born Wigtown, and Margaret's widow mother Mary born Ireland.

From the Census, we learn Margaret was born around 1851, her mother was a widow named Mary, she had a brother John born around 1850, and a nephew Archibald born around 1871. Unfortunately, cannot locate a birth for Margaret, John or Archibald on IGI. ScotlandPeople may be your best bet now.

Per IGI: David REID above may have been born: 06 MAR 1849   Inch, Wigtown  to David REID & Mary McALISTER.

Just wondering, Is there a particular resaon are posting  in the Lanarkshire board rather than the Wigtown one? Did the family have a later or earlier connection to Lanark?

If you go to this site:
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~leighann/surnames/surnames.html
And check (H)ALLIDAY & (R)EID, there is another researcher #133 who is interested in those names in Stranraer & Inch in Wigtown.

Cheers
Anne
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline lachlan2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 August 05 06:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Anne,

To answer your question I quote " Just wondering, Is there a particular reason are posting  in the Lanarkshire board rather than the Wigtown one? Did the family have a later or earlier connection to Lanark?" she is my step Grand-mother Mother & Great-Great Grander-Mother my step Grand-mother was born in Glasgow. I am trying to link my grandmother and step grandmother as cousins or some kind of relations.

My grandmother name is Marion Reid Drew she was born in Glasgow in 1915 and her mother name is Agnes Anderson Reid her father name is John Reid he was born in Glasgow  in  1855 Mary Hill & his father name is also John Reid Born 1834 in Glasgow Lanark.

My step grandermother name is Agnes Reid Niven born 1910 in Glasgow Lanark & her mother name is Agnes Reid she was born in 1873 in Wigtown & her father name is David Reid born I don't know but he got married in 8 June 1869.

Question about John Reid & David Reid or Agnes Anderson Reid born in Glasgow & Agnes Reid Inch wigtown are some kind of relation?

I know my Grandmother lived almost next doors to each other and they went to the same School & also went to the same church & also played together. I was woundering if the men John Reid born in 1855 & David Reid born around the same date I think where brother or cousins or Agnes Anderson Reid born in the 1870's something & Agnes Reid born 1873 are related?   

AMBLY
RootsChat Member

Ambly

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:40:45 »   

~~~~~~~~
Hi Adrian

Per the IGI: David REID & Margaret HALLIDAY were married:
08 JUN 1869 in Stranraer, Wigtown

Sorry I don't have 1901 and per earlier of your posts on this board in July, I know you have already learned of the family on the 1881 Census for Wigtownshire - David, Margaret and their number of children as well as Margaret's brother, her nephew  - all born Wigtown, and Margaret's widow mother Mary born Ireland.

From the Census, we learn Margaret was born around 1851, her mother was a widow named Mary, she had a brother John born around 1850, and a nephew Archibald born around 1871. Unfortunately, cannot locate a birth for Margaret, John or Archibald on IGI. ScotlandPeople may be your best bet now.

Per IGI: David REID above may have been born: 06 MAR 1849   Inch, Wigtown  to David REID & Mary McALISTER.

Just wondering, Is there a particular resaon are posting  in the Lanarkshire board rather than the Wigtown one? Did the family have a later or earlier connection to Lanark?

If you go to this site:
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~leighann/surnames/surnames.html
And check (H)ALLIDAY & (R)EID, there is another researcher #133 who is interested in those names in Stranraer & Inch in Wigtown.

Cheers
Anne