Author Topic: Hope for the future  (Read 6801 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma's 1920 School Case
    • View Profile
Re: Hope for the future
« Reply #153 on: Saturday 09 May 20 12:36 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, how are you this am?

I have been drinking plenty, seems it is important to keep the body's fluid intake up.

Oh Pennines, I'll try again, but I was left with the impression that there is not an awful lot that can be done. I've already done my duty to report my earlier suspected illness and current rash to my G.P., back in mid-March. The G.P. passed it off as probable Influenza.

I have managed to find the official Spanish Report online that some with hospitalised Coronavirus have a rash, or are left with rash.
29 Apr 2020 ∑ Summary Background Cutaneous manifestations of COVID‐19 disease are poorly characterized. Covid Piel Study (about 18Mb, photos at the end)
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bjd.19163

Mine looks like Chicken Pox spots, with larger blotches and raised red swellings with multiple spots and not all are itchy at once now.

An American suggestion feels the rash was the body's immune system overreacting to fight the virus as it trys to attack organs.

When out for a daily walk it is obvious, we and everyone we come across are all distancing.

Take care and keep safe everyone, Mark

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Saturday 09 May 20 13:47 BST (UK) »
Iíve only just seen this, as my immune system is being manipulated at the moment I know it can cause itchy skin and a rash, but stress alone can cause similar problems.

I have found that taking an anti allergy medication last thing at night can help a lot, if it works itís unlikely you have the virus.

If you read up about dermatitis you see it comes in many varied forms, only to discover at the end that there is very little the experts can do about it ;D ;D

Mike

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Saturday 09 May 20 16:55 BST (UK) »
Mike, I can assure you whatever it was, it was like Chronic Bronchitis last November, returning mid January and into February 2020.

I know what Chronic Bronchitis is like, as I had it as a child, the continuous coughing hurts the throat, hurts the brain and left me exhausted. The Family Doctor use to come twice daily (the good old days eh) to listen to my chest. In addition to Vapor rub (which helped a little), at night a burner giving off a vapor was lit, I hear now they are outlawed and my Mother would sit up with me until exhaustion from coughing set in and I fell asleep.

So I know what Chronic Bronchitis was like.

The varying itchy rash began about the third week in January 2020 as I have the Epaderm receipt, long before I really knew much about Coronavirus and two months before the UK lockdown.

Always a possibility I've had Chronic Bronchitis, as the Family Doctor said it would come back when I got older.

But the first time I recall with rashes, swellings, spots and attacking my leg muscles at the same time, so I got up and made myself walk in the house a bit and drank plenty of water. Also had a pain in the rear left of my brain, that and the aching leg muscles disappeared after two weeks.

Currently, I'm left with an odd varying rash and swellings, the pointed and small spotted rash must have clear fluid in it. Occasionally the fluid is released and the tip or spot scabs over. Other replacements sometimes appear in the same area.

Mark

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Saturday 09 May 20 17:50 BST (UK) »
Mark, I'm better than I was yesterday thank you, I slept through last night without any problems coughing. Every year when I have my asthma review the nurse suggests that I try cutting down the number of puffs I take of my preventative inhaler. I did this successfully for about eight months, although if I'm having any problems I increase it again and depending on the severity I might increase it more. I told her I would reduce the morning dose as I didn't want to die during the night! I often have problems at this time of the year, although I don't suffer in the same debilitating way from hay fever as I did in my childhood and younger adulthood, I'm pretty sure it's the tree pollens that still get me in spring. I've upped my dosage again, will continue that for a while. My cough hasn't been like the hard cough associated with Covid, I also haven't been anywhere near anyone at all since St Patrick's day so am pretty sure it's my asthma.

The problem with my stomach is improving, just a bit tender today.

I sympathise about the bronchitis, I used to get it every year when I was a child, my mother used to know when I had it, she said she could smell it. I could taste it.

Your ongoing illness sounds dreadful, I hope you manage to get rid of the rash soon, you have my sympathy.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Saturday 09 May 20 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Roobarb and All

I'm sorry the pollen is affecting you and others. I'm lucky and don't have Asthma.

Hope your stomach quickly gets better.

All of my worse symptons have gone, hopefully!  :)

Mark  :)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Saturday 09 May 20 20:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mark, here's to good health in the future for all.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales