Author Topic: Hope for the future  (Read 9667 times)

Offline sonofthom

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hope for the future?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Covid 19 and influenza are both viral respiratory infections with many similarities while not being identical. There is a belief that the similarities will include seasonality and if this proves to be the case then when that is coupled with the measures being taken by the Government we have reason to be optimistic that we will start to see a downturn in infections in two or three weeks time.

We should all try to remain optimistic; the old cliche is very true - "hope for the best and prepare for the worst". I hope that other posts on this thread will highlight positives - there are plenty of other places which seem dedicated to doom and gloom.
Sinclair: Lanarkshire & Antrim; McDougall: Bute; Ramsay: Invernesshire; Thomson & Robertson: Perthshire; Brown: Argyll; Scott: Ayrshire: Duff: Fife.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 12:41 GMT (UK) »
OK

Well my first positive is :)  I awoke to a beautiful sunny day :) peace and quiet everywhere... UNTIL  my bored neighbour --- mowed his lawn for the 2nd time in a week  :) 

Xin/aka  Fin depending on the mood   I think I will revert back to Xin as of now.. maybe

Offline sonofthom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Think positively Finley - at least it is warm enough where you live for the grass to be growing. We haven't quite reached these balmy conditions yet in my part of Scotland.
Sinclair: Lanarkshire & Antrim; McDougall: Bute; Ramsay: Invernesshire; Thomson & Robertson: Perthshire; Brown: Argyll; Scott: Ayrshire: Duff: Fife.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 13:14 GMT (UK) »
You can't keep politics out of this, much as people don't want to hear it at the moment.

I doubt we'd be in such dire straits if our government hadn't run down public spending over the last decade to such a degree that we're having to protect the NHS by not getting ill. I mean, how utterly ridiculous does that sound when you sit and think about it? Local government would be able to help much more with community support and care for the elderly if their budgets hadn't been slashed again and again.

I appreciate Rishile's optimism and would love for it to come to pass, but, realistically, if and when we get through this, don't kid yourselves, it will be back to normal. The rich get richer and don't give a monkeys about the rest.

As for Prince Charles: I'm no royalist but I have a soft spot for Charles as I believe he does care, in his own way. Make no mistake, though, he'll get the best treatment available and there will definitely be a ventilator available for him, don't you worry!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 13:20 GMT (UK) »

We should all try to remain optimistic;

That's all I was trying to do.  I know things will be very different but I am hoping it will be for the better.  I wish I hadn't bothered.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rashile
Today I heard someone say they will not listen or read anymore news about the virus, they are worried and it is making them more so, I am inclined to agree, it is a huge worry all round

I haven't panic bought anything at all but I  will manage

I have also decided to use 1 spoon less of tea leaves in my teapot for starters, don't like tea bags,  plus I have made a packet of sausages last , sandwich, 2 for a meal and I am making the rest into a Yorkshire pudding for this evenings meal, years since I made one

Today I read that people are complaining their brown bin hasn't been emptied this week, well it is frustrating but a crew cannot work under power obviously for safety reasons so we have to bear with it

We all have to have a bit of patience, this has nothing to do with Boris it was totally unforeseen

Take care

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline sonofthom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Rishile, I am glad you bothered! Positivity and an optimistic outlook are required and can lead to a better outcome. There is far too much negativity about and I am not prepared to succumb to it. It is a shame that some people are not respecting that this thread is looking to provide hope.

Well done Rishlie for starting a positive thread.

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you SonofThom.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 13:52 GMT (UK) »
A bit of joy today - My first Radio Times arrived by post this morning!    I have been meaning order it by post for years but this crisis really made me do to.

Kay