Author Topic: Can you help with william tudor , possibly born william toader  (Read 874 times)

Offline Agnesevans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can you help with william tudor , possibly born william toader
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your efforts carolew, much appreciated.
Do you think he just takes the shooter name then As his mother marries william shooter? And then reverts to Toader/Tudor when he marries?
I think sarah davis was born davis then married someone called butler, but i am going on info gleaned fr9m others. I am jumping in at this point without having done the work myself i am afraid, just very very curious as to whether my family line is a Tudor one and if theres any possible connection to welsh tudors/twdwrs/tewdwrs/tudurs etc!.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Sarah is on the 1851 as Davis with parents William & Ann.  There is a marriage in Basford RD in 1853 which has a Thomas Butler on the same page.

There is a death for a 23yr old Thomas Butler Dec qtr 1854 Basford
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 March 20 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Baptisms Hucknall Torkard St Mary Magdalene
16 Feb 1859 Elizabeth Sarah Ann dau of William & Sarah TUDOR father a FWK
24 Aug 1861 Hannah same details.

There is also a baptism for a Hannah 8 May 1803 mother Hannah TOADER.
Could she be the mother of William? She would have been 19 ish.

Marriage's same church.
30 Dec 1823 William Shooter and Hannah Toader
24 Oct 1825 John Bostock and Hannah Toader

Hannah Bostock is aged 60 on the 1841 census...so the correct age to be Hannah (1803) mother.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 March 20 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Larkspur

The Shooter/Toader marriage is the right one.  See earlier replies - 1841 is under Shooter
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Agnesevans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 March 20 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Once again, I am incredibly impressed by, and thankful for, the help given.
It seems Hannah Toader was busy. Giving birth age 19 as an unmarried mother then married twice within a couple of years.
The eliz sarah ann you mention larkspur (williams dau) is my gt gt grandmother. I was trying to figure out how far back the tudor name goes (prior to william) but it seems to end with Hannah and begin with her illigitimate son william. Being new to all this i find it confusing!
I am intrigued by why william appears as tudor unless it is simply a mispelling of his mothers surname, but then he seems to appear in a census age 19 as william shooter before marrying as tudor. It looks like my mothers romantic story of being related to THE tudors (orignating from henry tudor, wales) is utterly wrong, though she said there was a family bible, now lost, showing this connection. Never mind, Just a commoner!!
Thankyou all for your time, help and diligence  :)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 March 20 10:17 BST (UK) »
With the two marriages above for Hannah T. I realise the first one is correct.
I was more interested in the second one. Hannah possible mother of Hannah born 1803. As she became Hannah Bostock and was 60 on the 1841 census making her birth around 1780...so 23 when her daughter Hannah was born in 1803 and 45 at the marriage to MR Bostock.

As for the spelling, not important at all...
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley