Author Topic: Beware of Coronavirus Scams  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of Coronavirus Scams
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 May 20 09:25 BST (UK) »
Phone call yesterday from a caller who knew my name & sounded like Madhur Jaffray, very erudite & from some government agency apparently? enquiring as to how I was surviving the lockdown. Runs through her list like the district nurse, touching all the bases. "Darling you should take cod liver oil & a supplement. I must say you sound like a very vigorous pensioner!"
  She could arrange anything apparently & as I already took the cod-liver oil, a supplement was advisable. She just happened to have a batch of this in the office, based on wild-rasberries, so completely natural & at a one-off, half price to auld buggers of £20 which she might knock down even further. No pressure at all & how is my prostate? The supplement is called "Rasbill" which was declined & told her I would Google it.
 Then a TV License scam email, so a busy day!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 May 20 10:51 BST (UK) »
The latest here is an email (several times) from Netflix asking me to update my bank details. We`ve never had Netflix or even inquired about it, we just like having free tv !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 May 20 13:19 BST (UK) »
The biggest scam, which most people have already fallen for is to believe daft boris and his cronies that ordinary people should all stay at home.

That said, the next scam is predicted to be with this bunch of, Serco run, so called contact tracers - "Hello Mr/Mrs Mug, you have been in contact with someone who has Koronaberg virus. Please give me your email address, so I can send you a form to fill in.......". [Then I'll have your email address etc. etc. to bombard you with spam and links to my very nice malware!]

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 May 20 13:52 BST (UK) »
Serco of course has Rupert Soames for a CEO, Churchill's grandson!

Skoosh.

Offline mumjo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 28 May 20 14:01 BST (UK) »
And Serco took over some of our local county council services and made a right hash of it. School workers and carers not getting paid. They blamed their software. What’s to say anything has changed.
Somerset - Beard, Masters, White, Percival
Lincolnshire - Turner, Wilson
Yorkshire - Turner
Staffordshire - Beech, Gee, Mellor