Author Topic: Symptoms Question  (Read 2307 times)

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Symptoms Question
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 March 20 14:54 BST (UK) »

As an asthmatic I often have a slight cough, usually not continuous but occasionally it is. I haven't been near anyone, when I take my walk on the nearby field I stay more than the required distance from anyone else but would be afraid to have even a little cough or clearing the throat in case they think I'm infectious!

My asthma also presents as a cough - spasmodic, eye-watering, gasping for breath and generally very disturbing for anyone who happens to be spectating when an attack kicks in! I am so accustomed to it that I shrug it off with an "oh, that's just my cough, I'm not infectious" sort of an explanation. I think I'd have a problem with that if it happened in public at the moment!! ;D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 March 20 16:31 BST (UK) »
That's the problem.. The symptoms are so vague. At least testing is being rolled out for nhs staff now so hopefully I'll be in line to get tested myself. The antibody test will be better as it will tell you if you have had the virus at any point. That's the one I'll be most keen to have.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 March 20 17:02 BST (UK) »

As an asthmatic I often have a slight cough, usually not continuous but occasionally it is. I haven't been near anyone, when I take my walk on the nearby field I stay more than the required distance from anyone else but would be afraid to have even a little cough or clearing the throat in case they think I'm infectious!

My asthma also presents as a cough - spasmodic, eye-watering, gasping for breath and generally very disturbing for anyone who happens to be spectating when an attack kicks in! I am so accustomed to it that I shrug it off with an "oh, that's just my cough, I'm not infectious" sort of an explanation. I think I'd have a problem with that if it happened in public at the moment!! ;D

Poor you Jen, I do sympathise, mine gets like that if I catch a cold, it's absolutely awful.

At the start of this when the virus had hardly reached this area I was in my local convenience store and felt a small cough coming on so I turned away and coughed into a tissue. The assistant then did the same and when she turned back she said 'Tickly cough'. I just said that mine was the same, I didn't want to go into detail. I haven't been to any shops for a couple of weeks now but I have friends who have said they hardly dare cough as everyone glares at them!

Get well soon  :)

MrsS - hope you get your test soon  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 March 20 18:21 BST (UK) »
So many people are confused and worried wondering if what they are feeling is connected to Covid-19 or not. For many, symptoms are not serious enough to make a diagnosis clear. I have been scrambling around the net searching for further details on reported symptoms given the range my husband is experiencing.

The most helpful for me, in terms of key summary of points I found in the Sun.

See www.thesun.co.uk/news/10890814/coronavirus-symptoms-day-by-day-sore-throat-cough-fever/

On a connected link www.thesun.co.uk/news/11240984/4-mild-symptoms-coronavirus-not-ignore/ they also discuss four other minor symptoms. These include:

Stomach ache
Eye infections and loss of taste/smell
Brain fog
Fatigue

Main chart below. Data sourced from China up to 22 Feb 2020:
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 March 20 20:38 BST (UK) »
The only symptoms I've had is a dry cough and on and off nausea. My husband and friend have had similar symptoms plus diarrhoea. Have felt a bit hot and feverish at times but temperature is normal.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 29 March 20 22:17 BST (UK) »
Personally I have seen what is definitely community spread i.e. people who are housebound contracting it even though none of their visitors have been abroad.

I have seen people (confirmed positive) who have all the symptoms, come with cough and SOB but no temp, just the nausea and vomiting, temp and aches but no respiritory symptoms.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 March 20 12:58 BST (UK) »
I suppose like everything it affects everyone differently. I don't feel right but I feel like I'm not ill enough for it to be coronavirus.. But then there are some who are being confirmed as positive who have no symptoms at all!