Author Topic: Small moments of pleasure in isolation  (Read 9057 times)

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Small moments of pleasure in isolation
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 March 20 09:26 GMT (UK) »
I wondered where this thread had gone .... but have found it !

My small moment of pleasure this morning, was waking early, and going out for my allowed walk before five o'clock !   (Boy, it was cold !) .... but the birds were singing their hearts out, and I sat on the bench on the green .... and just listened to the dawn chorus.   Magical .... whether you are in town or country, if you wake early, go out and listen to the birds .... or even open a window and hear the joyous sounds.   Even sparrows sing .... 
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 March 20 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Well you in the UK will have the pleasure of an hour less in isolation overnight and we in NZ will have an hour more next weekend  :D
Agree with you re the birds going about their days as always and enjoy having them about, Tui here arise earliest and start their song before dawn and go until well after dusk as well. Still have the chorus of crickets performing well too  :)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 March 20 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Some lovely moments of pleasure here...what a shame that it takes a serious global issue to make us stop and smell the roses.
I thought this yesterday...
We opened up the caravan and gave it a freshen up and opened the windows...then we sat and had a cup of tea and watched the Blue Tits feeding and nest building.
We were going away for Easter in the caravan but will now enjoy it looking out across the garden watching nature in the sunshine instead. It makes you realise how much we take for granted until those things are taken away from us.
Maybe when this is all over, we will realise how lucky we are and appreciate our Family, our freedom and the world around us much more.
Thanks for sharing your uplifting moments  :D

Please stay home and take care.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 March 20 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Magnolia blossoms out, not too damaged by overnight frosts, and sparrowhawk appeared in/ over back garden - immediate vanishing act by all small birdies.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 March 20 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Despite the really cold weather after a week of sunshine, my magnolia is in full flower !
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 28 March 20 21:14 GMT (UK) »
A damson tree we planted 2 years ago is blossoming like mad [had to knock off last year's blossom to allow roots to flourish]. A beautiful delicate sight and there have been insects around so hopefully will be pollinated.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 28 March 20 21:40 GMT (UK) »

Our Magnolia has just started flowering too.     

(Must have been the amount of ponypoo applied last year)
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 29 March 20 11:30 BST (UK) »
Our damsons are in full flower as well.  We used to have an orchard of them and one year picked over half a ton for the market but the trees have increasingly suffered from old age and the gales.   

One bright spark for us are the camilla flowers and I am really looking forward to the tulips starting.  Their buds are starting to show colour ;D

Kay

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 29 March 20 11:43 BST (UK) »
I live in a small block of 4 1930's units with a large garden.
Everyone has had their back doors open and we have conversed at a distance.
Lots of cleaning and repairs/painting going on by everyone.

A hub of activity in a difficult time.

I lost my 3 elderly cats a few months apart last year and decided not to get anymore.

As every ones doors are open my neighbours 2 cats have been coming in and making themselves at home.

That has been an incredible pleasure for me as I live alone :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)