Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 7 - Lockdown)  (Read 12215 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 7 - Lockdown)
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 28 March 20 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Wow, did you see the guy "mash jersey potatoes" on Saturday Kitchen  ???  They usually start off really expensive at this time of year.  "Salmon confit with crushed new potatoes"  Not exactly a cheap meal for everyone.

https://saturdaykitchenrecipes.com/saturday-kitchen-recipe/salmon-confit-with-crushed-new-potatoes/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 28 March 20 11:23 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping that my shop is delivered next week as promised and that I can continue to access a slot each week

Lucky if you can access a slot a week unless you already have them booked. I've just tried Waitrose who I've used for years. They are only reserving slots for people on the Government Very Vulnerable list and that doesn't include people over 70 unless they fit other criteria. Tesco has no slots showing for 3 weeks ahead. I don't think any other stores are accepting new shoppers, but believe none have slots anyway. I'm okay as I have a delivery booked for the 2nd April, so will add as much to that as possible. After that I will use local smaller shops or get family to pick up stuff. I feel very sorry for anyone without people to help.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 28 March 20 11:36 GMT (UK) »
And don't even try looking at Ocado!

If I remember correctly, the queue ahead was 155,559, - (or something like that)

Rather frustratingly, our neighbors, who always have their groceries delivered, - are getting regular deliveries. But as new customers, we can't even get on there:-(

Romilly.

I always have my groceries delivered and have a delivery pass for which I am charged.  I cannot get a delivery at all.  Tried to get a collection slot instead but none of them available either.  My main issue is coming home from work everything is closed due to reduced hours and when not at work no childcare and you're not allowed to take kids with you to the supermarket. 
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 28 March 20 12:45 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping that my shop is delivered next week as promised and that I can continue to access a slot each week

Lucky if you can access a slot a week unless you already have them booked.

True Groom, I have yet to try and get another slot as I have a delivery due next week.

Maybe the supermarkets should consider rationing them to one a fortnight.  The main reason for my online shop is fresh fruit and milk, the apples would generally last  but I would be restricted to only 3 packs of 6 when one a day for each of us would exceed the limit.  Most milk has long dates but probably not that long.   I don't have family so no help there.

ADDED. But I am not complaining, there are lots of people who are much worse off than me. We will cope  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:01 GMT (UK) »
I've just sorted my freezer out so I know exactly what is in there, for some reason I seem to have a surfeit of cauliflower and broccoli - a bag of each and a bag of mixed! I have enough food to last a bit,  but I'll be eating a few funny mixtures by the end.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Well, it's reached our little village now. One farmer on the outskirts of the village has it, as has a woman who works in the local co-op. Like most people round here, I shopped there this week.
This will become normal for all of us soon, but suddenly it feels even more real.

Offline Albufera32

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:04 GMT (UK) »
And don't even try looking at Ocado!

If I remember correctly, the queue ahead was 155,559, - (or something like that)

Rather frustratingly, our neighbors, who always have their groceries delivered, - are getting regular deliveries. But as new customers, we can't even get on there:-(

Romilly.

I always have my groceries delivered and have a delivery pass for which I am charged.  I cannot get a delivery at all.  Tried to get a collection slot instead but none of them available either.  My main issue is coming home from work everything is closed due to reduced hours and when not at work no childcare and you're not allowed to take kids with you to the supermarket.

Taking your kids shopping with you if you do not have childcare is one of the exceptions specifically listed in the guidance. You are allowed to take family members who have no one to care for them.
Howie (Riccarton Ayrshire)
McNeil/ McNeill (Argyll)
Main (Airdrie Lanarkshire)
Grant (Lanarkshire and Bo'ness)
More (Lanarkshire)
Ure (Polmont)
Colligan (Lanarkshire)
Drinnan (New Zealand)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Alister Jack, Scottish Secretary, now got symptoms. That makes 3 cabinet members.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:41 GMT (UK) »
It would take me over twenty minutes walking to get to the park which in all probability would be more frequented than the cemetery which is two or three minutes walk from my home.
I would meet or dodge more likely ,many more people .
I would have to turn round and go home before getting there to comply with the half hour rule.
I would be on a busy street ,even though traffic is probably much less than usual, there is none in the cemetery.
If I have missed a directive I will be pleased to be corrected, but I have not heard about avoiding cemeteries specifically.
Viktoria.

The cemetery sounds an ideal place in your case, Viktoria, but what's the "half hour rule"? I thought we were advised to take our usual amount of exercise, whatever that might be.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk