Author Topic: I cant focus....  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
I cant focus....
« on: Sunday 29 March 20 12:42 BST (UK) »
My head is buzzing with FH research and Sewing and knitting and just being around... but without being able to have a full 6 month plan ahead.. I cant focus...

just want to sleep till this is sorted.. but I have always always attempted to fill my days beyond reason.. never put off till tomorrow etc... My Nan would be so angry with me..

I need to be able to focus.... but just have a dizzy stupid head that wont allow it..   How can we.. in this time

xin

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I cant focus....
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 March 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
Try setting yourself a target each day. It will help to take your mind off the other issues.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 March 20 16:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Craclyn 

will try that x

Xin

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 March 20 16:20 BST (UK) »
I've created a timetable for myself:
Physical, practical work in morning (Gardening, housework, DIY etc).
Nice long break in middle of day, time to read etc, for an hour or two.
Something like sewing or writing ( by hand) and minor tidying up of boxes, drawers, sewing supplies, in afternoon, as well as ringing one or two people, who I know are stuck in and alone, likely to be bored. Crossword too (generously provided extra to usual quota of them, by my daily newspaper of choice)
Later on in afternoon time online, prep of dinner etc to eat about 7.00, then television ( catching up on stuff recorded and never managed to watch) for a couple of hours, read and bed.
Seems to work.... so far!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 March 20 16:35 BST (UK) »
I'm finding it hard to concentrate too. Can't even manage to get through a TV programme at the moment. Will get better in a few days, I'm sure.
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 March 20 16:55 BST (UK) »
I've created a timetable for myself:
Physical, practical work in morning (Gardening, housework, DIY etc).
Nice long break in middle of day, time to read etc, for an hour or two.
Something like sewing or writing ( by hand) and minor tidying up of boxes, drawers, sewing supplies, in afternoon, as well as ringing one or two people, who I know are stuck in and alone, likely to be bored.
Later on in afternoon time online, prep of dinner etc to eat about 7.00, then television ( catching up on stuff recorded and never managed to watch) for a couple of hours, read and bed.
Seems to work.... so far!

thats the old me :) almost to a 'T'

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 29 March 20 16:55 BST (UK) »
thanks decor

it is this being on the edge---- waiting ---- but not knowing what for..

take care

xin

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 March 20 17:19 BST (UK) »
Xin - I drove myself into a right state at the beginning of all this (before the lockdown). I think part of it was the lack of any definites and partly because I was reading or watching the news too much. Also, I had had the heads up from the mother of an epidemiologist as to the expected time frame of the spread of the virus, which I told my friends about. A couple of them convinced me that I was panicking unnecessarily and it would be okay to meet up but lo and behold, within the week they realised that what I had told them was right and of course we didn't meet up. In the meantime I'd calmed down and thought of all the things I could do, many of which I still haven't got round to!

I would suggest limiting your news intake to once a day, preferably not just before bed. I usually have a cuppa and read a book in the morning to psych myself up to it. If there are any instructions we need to be aware of they'll keep till the next day.

Do something you really enjoy in 'normal' life. Obviously that excludes meeting friends or a night out at the pub! If you can do it, physical exercise is great for taking your mind off things, particularly if you can do it outdoors.

Hope you manage to get a bit more settled.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 29 March 20 17:33 BST (UK) »
I thought we may go into panic overdrive too.  I have also set us a timetable but it is subject to change but only for the better.

A leisurely breakfast, manual work (deep-cleaning one room per day), with a break for coffee and toast after the first hour.  When manual work is finished, another coffee.  Relax on the computer (don't look at the news sites and keep to positive sites/threads).  Then early dinner (about 2.00pm), then outdoors for some exercise.  More coffee or tea then back on the computer with something relaxing like games or family history, a bit of light TV then bed.

Every third day we have a day 'off' where we can relax and read or do puzzles etc.  Still lots of treats during the day though.

As others have said, try to avoid too much news.  It is very depressing keep hearing about the death toll and you can do nothing more than you are doing about it.

Focus on one day at a time.  Don't look too far ahead.

Stay safe, stay sane, stay indoors.

Rishile

Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex