Author Topic: I cant focus....  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I cant focus....
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 March 20 22:56 BST (UK) »
Xin, I think we are all suffering from information overload. I don't see myself as a worrier but this has me really concerned for all my family and I believe many of us feel the same. It's easy to put on a brave face, but the concerns are never far the from mind. I only watch one news programme for updates and am staying away from CV related posts on here now.
My routine is pretty much the same except for seeing family and friends and the voluntary work at the Heritage Centre. I spend the morning doing chores and the afternoons, go for a walk. When not in the garden I just play it by ear, read, restore photos, sort my Family history files and listen to music, then a bit of time on here.
Xin.....get your paints out, play your favourite music and lose yourself for a while. Switch off, and find your happy place  ;)

Take care and know that we are all here for you.
Carol 😘
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 March 20 23:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all responses

Carol   :)  bless you   you have helped me out a fair few times on this site now .. and I really appreciate it.. I can feel the warmth and it is good...

Please YOU take good care too xxxxxxxxx

Xin

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 March 20 23:47 BST (UK) »
Though not in complete lockdown like many of you in the UK are, we have been keeping our distance from others, and family, and limiting time out of the house.

I am aware of what is going on and I try not to let it worry me, but OH mentions it often during the day, and is in the habit of sitting at the table chatting to me about it at dinner time - doom and gloom - “what would we do if this or that happens” - worst case scenarios .... this stays with me till bed time and I find I have difficulty sleeping - all those concerns are amplified when it is dark and quiet. I agree with steering clear of media reports which are often sensationalised and repetitive.

Any of you with a subscription who find it difficult to concentrate could maybe think about helping with lookups on rootschat. This way you could pick and choose what you wanted to help with, you could dip in and out as you wish, making use of your sub and at the same time helping others. (I’m sure many of you already do this)

I understand not being able to concentrate though, and I generally turn to cleaning. I could never work to a daily schedule, but everyone is different. When trying to read books I find my mind wanders but a good TV series can be compelling and give me something else to focus on.

Stay safe everyone.  ;)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 March 20 14:33 BST (UK) »
Come in Xin and let us know that you are ok  ;)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 March 20 17:18 BST (UK) »
 :D

learning how to face time the family   ---- oh my scary but fun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xin

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 30 March 20 18:13 BST (UK) »
Oh good, well done, keep positive my friend  ;)
Carol

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 March 20 18:37 BST (UK) »
Could I recommend one other thing?

There are lots and lots of great podcasts now to listen to, which - unlike radio - don't suddenly stop and turn into a news bulletin you'd rather not hear just at any given moment.

Some of them are educational, some more entertaining, and with some like Desert Island Discs there are so many you can keep on listening to different castaways and their musical choices for ages.

I have a big list of podcasts I subscribe to and they keep me company whenever I need them.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 30 March 20 18:56 BST (UK) »