Author Topic: Sarah Cogan?  (Read 321 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Sarah Cogan?
« on: Monday 30 March 20 02:54 BST (UK) »
Hi I am hoping someone might be able to help identify this lady. My ancestor John Botting married a lady whose name appears to be Sarah Cogan in April 1737 probably in Fletching [I don't have the notes on the marriage to hand at the moment].

John was christened in Fletching in July 1716 but so far I have not been able to track down Sarah Cogan. Is anyone able to locate a possible christening for her in the area probably between 1710 and 1720?

The info on John and Sarah's marriage came from FamilySearch several years ago and so her surname may have been transcribed wrong. Other spellings may include Gogan for example.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed.
Matt

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Cogan?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 March 20 07:44 BST (UK) »
The marriage was at Little Horsted, she was from Fletching - see your previous thread from 3 weeks ago:  https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=826753.0
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:50 BST (UK) »
The marriage was at Little Horsted, she was from Fletching - see your previous thread from 3 weeks ago:  https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=826753.0

Hi Shaun

Thanks for that. I thought I had posted a requested about this lady but I couldn't find it on the forum. That previous post and the feedback does give me info on the Bottings but noting on Sarah hence the new post devoted to her.

I haven't seen any sign of the name Cogan anywhere other than on the replies to that post.

Matt

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:59 BST (UK) »
There were two Cogan children baptised in Fletching in the early 1750's - Elizabeth 1752 and Sarah 1754, parents John and Sarah. Also Emelia, mother Hannah Cogan, baptised there in 1747. Presumably John and Hannah were related to your Sarah.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk