Author Topic: Diary > Monday 30th March  (Read 1554 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Diary > Monday 30th March
« on: Monday 30 March 20 08:59 BST (UK) »
Lay in bed listening for the traffic. Only a few cars passed at 7:30. I tried to imagine what jobs they were going to, or perhaps coming home from.  The people keeping this nation going no doubt.

Run out of contact lens solution now. I won't be able to get any more now until I add it to the order for next Saturday. I hope Asda stock it. Glasses for me this week.

Drat - no mouthwash! I then found a small sample bottle Sarah got with her gargle-blaster thing. Must add mouthwash to the order.

That's a thought, must start planning the shopping better. Write it down.

Blue skies, a few clouds, 6'C. I see Mr Blackbird swooping down to the border in the back. I make the morning brew. The day has begun!

Good morning!

Over to you.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Monday 30th March Diary
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 March 20 09:44 BST (UK) »
The darker mornings are confusing me at the moment.  I was awake early but it was still dark so I went back to sleep for a bit longer.  Finally got up at 7.15am ready to work from home today.  Had some breakfast and was at my computer at 8.00am waiting for the reports from my boss so I can get going.  It's now 9.40 and they still haven't arrived.  Oh well.  Coffee and toast was welcome while I waited.

OH is busy cleaning the kitchen floor, the fridge, the dining room table et al.  He was going to put some washing in but I don't hear the washing machine yet.  Still, there's plenty of time.

The sun is shining but I'm not sure how warm it is.  I'm hoping I can have a walk later as I haven't been out since Friday.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 March 20 10:20 BST (UK) »
I think we are all coming to terms with the situation now, I was really busy last week but somehow have run out of oomph towards the end of the week, but I have decided that we might have a few more weeks in so will pace myself and these jobs will get done, this time of the year is normally spring cleaning, so whereas if it was a sunny day and I could go out I wouldn't have been so through as I might be now, so I will get the jobs done

I haven't been out much, it does worry me in the shops but when I was in Morrison's last week I was very impressed, been talked about elsewhere on Rootschat, we just have to be careful

Compost bins will no longer be collected so I have decided to start composting again, a job to start today

Misty this morning and jolly cold after such nice days last week

What would we do without Rootschat?

Take care

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 March 20 10:58 BST (UK) »
I wake up with daylight! ;D
So up by 7:15.

Usual breakfast and cup of (loose leaf) tea.
Made a trip to Tesco; not too many people in there, and no queue outside.
Got the makings of a beef stew - that will last me a few days.

Got a ticking off from my mate who works there :D
Why didn't I ask him?
It's because I don't go shopping with a list - I'm a browser!

Blue skies; sun's out.
Front garden temperature is 14C - might sit out later!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 March 20 11:25 BST (UK) »
Seems warmer here in Cheshire than yesterday, no biting wind. A pergola which has been in situ for some years was rotting at the base, so had to be removed. My husband salvaged the trellis on either side for the back fence.

Moved a clematis today to climb up the same trellis that it was on before, just in a different place. Digging the hole took it out of us (heavy clay), now recovering with a slice of sourdough toast and a coffee!

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 March 20 11:44 BST (UK) »
Washed my brown bin and put it away, trying to talk husband into reducing the width of  an old compost bin, space where I can put it is smaller than the base of the  bin, weeding,  going great guns at the  moment, just come in for cuppa, decreased my 3 spoons of loose tea down to 2, doesn't make much difference,

Enjoy your day

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 March 20 11:58 BST (UK) »
I started to really worry about things last nigt and couldn't sleep, so got up at about 1 am this morning and  watched the BBC 2006 version of Jane Eyre -all 4 episodes in one go. I then checked some stained glass designs on Pinterest and finally got to bed again at 4 am-ish.

Up at 7.30 - I don't really do breakfast - blood orange juice, black coffee and a couple of oatcakes,  while reading my subscription newspaper online.

Switched phone on and read all the text messages including some  from my niece, who lives in central London. She's pretty panicky. Responded - trying to keep her calm.

Decided to make use of a substitute pkt of ciabatta bread mix (I'd asked for strong white flour!) - photo on the Gallery thread!

Came on here and did some housey things and loaded the washing machine.

I think I did other things but that's enough for one strange night/morning

:)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 March 20 12:28 BST (UK) »
Long WhatsApp conversation with stepson who is with his girlfriend (and her 5 year old daughter) a few miles away.  We shared some photos, him of a trip to a local Bird Reserve two weeks ago and me of my lovely walk yesterday.

Fed Harry the cat who is always ready and waiting for the first signs of life in the rest of the household.

Put on load of washing, made my coffee, enjoyed first cup, then made a second plus a cup of tea to take with me to my office to prepare for a work conference call at 10am, after which I continued to finish up a few work issues.

Check twitter, check my bank account for latest invoice payment (not there yet  :(), try and donate to new fund for relief of Retail workers (who are very badly affected by the current situation) but JustGiving site not apparently working so will have to try again later.

Now for some lunch - not as yet needing further supplies of any kind and have a store-cupboard full of tins I can in any case use up.

In the midst of this, from upstairs in my office heard the clatter as Harry enters kitchen through cat flap.  He miaows loudly and I shout "Hello!!" back  :o ;D
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 March 20 12:53 BST (UK) »
Can I join you this morning? I'm in 'diary'mode, having just caught up with my "Mass Obs - Covid-19" entries for the weekend.

I was intending to not just get up lazily this morning but try to instil some sort of ‘work ethic’ and timetable towards household jobs, taking advantage of the fact that our daughter (in temporary residence with us for the duration) is continuing her hours as a VA ‘working’ 9am-3pm Mondays and Tuesdays, from her 'office'/bedroom – so I should copy this pattern to some extent.

Planning the use of time, when it stretches endlessly in front of you, is prone to the prospect of leaving things for another day – so very little actually gets done!  Washing up and laundry are carrying on as usual, I put a load on earlier, but the weather doesn't look good for hanging it outside, so it will be on airers again.

Tidying up, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and toilets are being done when needed. If it was a little warmer outside I’d take advantage of the weather and do some more gardening; this keeps getting put off, the tip is closed so whatever waste I create has to be kept somewhere!

Waiting until after lunch to ring the hospital to see progress of Mr Stoney's elderly Aunt, who was rushed in after a massive stroke on Saturday Morning. We last saw her and his Mum a fortnight ago, when the care home (just the other side of town) went into lockdown.

Lunch is the next exciting 'event' in the household - on goes the kettle for starters!

Stoney
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England