Author Topic: Easter egg crackdown over essential status 'wrong'  (Read 1236 times)

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Easter egg crackdown over essential status 'wrong'
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 10:40 BST (UK) »
I read this story this morning & took it with a pinch of salt.

But let's make allowances for any of the people (there have been odd stories about 'over-zealous' police) who are having to help manage a situation no one could have prepared for. Individuals make mistakes & they are doing their bit to keep us safe.

Agree the media stoke up a lot of rubbish!

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 11:31 BST (UK) »
Think there is more to worry about than being able to get Easter eggs

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 12:45 BST (UK) »
Think there is more to worry about than being able to get Easter eggs

But let's not lose our SOH, eh.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 13:00 BST (UK) »
Just to say that we got our grandsons some eggs who live in Dublin. Unfortunately because for the restrictions we haven’t been able to go over to give them personally. Also missed both their March birthdays.

That is nothing though we couldn’t have gone because my son in law has the virus, and it looks as if my daughter is starting with the symptoms. So it’s a good bet my grandsons will get it as well

Will have to eat the eggs ourselves

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 13:22 BST (UK) »
What are the media going to do with themselves when all this is over and done with? Its wall to wall, 24/7 coverage and its deeply depressing. There ARE other things going on in the world, though you wouldn't think so. I've stopped watching. Now sticking head in sand and watching Netflix!!

I'm also fed up of being told how to do something that is completely self explanatory e.g washing my hands. Gosh, who knew you should use soap????

I also think I'm the only person in the UK who thinks all this clapping the NHS on your doorstep stuff is silly - of course, I'm grateful to them but the doctors and nurses themselves have said they don't want claps, they want PPE and proper testing. To me, the 'terribly British' clapping on doorsteps was just a smokescreen to conceal the truth that our NHS wasn't up to the job because of years of underfunding.

I also read that the government and different bodies concerned ran one of those 'dummy runs' a while ago to cater for a pandemic, and they gave up on it half way through because it was obvious they wouldn't be able to cope.

I will now sit back and wait for all those replies telling me how awful I am and that I should be joining an online choir or knitting a tea cosy.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 14:42 BST (UK) »
Nice one Jillruss

I was going to ask if anyone was still bothered about the Easter nonsense these days

Standing back with you lol

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 16:31 BST (UK) »
I won't be bothering buying Easter Eggs this year (except for myself)  ;D ;D

Great nephews and niece will not miss them as they get too many anyway. My two grandsons are 14 and 17 so the 14 year old will be getting Xbox points and the 17 year old a transfer into his paypal account. All done from the comfort of my chair.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife