Author Topic: Clara Larkin  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clara Larkin
« on: Monday 30 March 20 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,  I am not sure if i have posted this enquiry before.  my sincere apologies if i have,  i am looking for any information about CLARA LARKIN  born 12th may 1918, Her parents were Robert William Larkin and Rebecca Larkin, nee Laurison.  Her birth was registered in Bainbridge, and said the family was from Tamnavelton???  Looking for any information about her .  All help greatly appreciated,
kind regards from Heather

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clara Larkin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,  I am not sure if i have posted this enquiry before.  my sincere apologies if i have,  i am looking for any information about CLARA LARKIN  born 12th may 1918, Her parents were Robert William Larkin and Rebecca Larkin, nee Laurison.  Her birth was registered in Bainbridge, and said the family was from Tamnavelton???  Looking for any information about her .  All help greatly appreciated,
kind regards from Heather

Clara Larkin born Tamnaghvelton (Banbridge- only 1 i- is the registration district)-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1918/01282/1531450.pdf
the civil parish is Kilmore-
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/orior-lower/kilmore-lower-orior-portion/tamnaghvelton/

Clara was born after the last available census (1911) and things such as baptismal record, school register, marriage certificate, etc. are unlikely to be online. Exactly what are you looking for?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:32 BST (UK) »
Basically i am trying to find what happened to the family....any of them........Rebecca, the mother is my great aunt and i have tracked down all in the family, except for rebecca and her children........ guess i will have to wait until next census is available.............but thank you

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:36 BST (UK) »
Their marriage in 1909 in the Registrar's Office in Banbridge.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1909/10022/5645576.pdf

Robert is a weaver from (as aghadowey says) the townland of Tamnaghvelton.

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:37 BST (UK) »
It's easier to help when we know what you are looking for  ;)

So, first some questions, when's the last trace you have of the family? any other children? (don't post details of anyone who might still be living)

It's not a matter of waiting for 'next' census after 1911 unfortunately. There was no 1921 census taken here and others unlikely to be released.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:41 BST (UK) »
 I have found john laurison Larkin, born 1909-1910, to Robert and Rebecca larkin,  then found Clara born 1918......quite a gap between siblings, i can find any other siblings as yet....... i cant find anything about this family any further......no marriages for the children, no deaths for any of them,  so i am stuck

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:44 BST (UK) »
Only hint i could find about Rebecca was a newspaper article pertaining to her sister in canada,,,,,,it said rebecca was still living in england.....i will go look for article and see if i can post it for you

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:48 BST (UK) »
I have found john laurison Larkin, born 1909-1910, to Robert and Rebecca larkin..........   

John born 25th November 1910.  MMN transcribed as LAWSON     #216
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1910/01552/1627608.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Heather Walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you,  I cant find the newspaper clipping with Rebecca mentioned in it, sorry.........but it indicated that rebecca was still alive at the time of her sisters death in 1976, saying rebecca was in england?  but that could have also depended on who supplied the information i am guessing