Author Topic: Parents of Simon Breen County Clare 1896  (Read 3273 times)

Offline migalsal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Simon Breen County Clare 1896
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 17:49 BST (UK) »
 ???I have no idea where the year 1896 popped out of. It means nothing to me. However a thousand pardons for the typo 1947. 1847 is a near guess. It could have been as late as 1852 or so. Simon Breen was born Co. Clare c. 1836 to James Wm. Breen and Mary McGrath. James and Mary had these other children: Michael, Mary, Brigid, Ellen from the mid 30's to the early 40's; then they all emigrated through New York to Rochester New York on to  Hamilton Ontario where other McGraths lived. Again I am so sorry for the confusion I have caused. I just joined Rootschat a week ago.
Young, Breen, Tone, McGrath, Mason, Dunn, Pritchard, Logan, Rawn, Bible, Hallatt, Hogg, Thompson,

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:08 BST (UK) »
The only place you can look is church records, but there are quite a lot of parishes in Clare and not all will have records early enough.
https://registers.nli.ie/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:57 BST (UK) »

If you think he came from Carrigaholt, try Carrigaholt and see what years records they have .

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline migalsal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 17:45 BST (UK) »
not early enough
Young, Breen, Tone, McGrath, Mason, Dunn, Pritchard, Logan, Rawn, Bible, Hallatt, Hogg, Thompson,

Offline migalsal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Simon Breen born c. 1836 County Clare Ireland and died 1908 Ontario Canada.
So it's more likely that the Breens came to Canada in 1847 not 1947.

Yes I am so sorry to have caused this confusion. Simon was b. c. 1837 perhaps Carrigaholt Clare. His parents were James Wm. Breen and Mary McGrath. There are few Breens in Clare but lots of McGraths. They were Roman Catholic and had other children named Michael, Brigid, Ellen, Mary and maybe Susie or Sarah. They emigrated through New York to Rochester New York and then on to Hamilton Ont. Can. James Wm. Breen died shortly thereafter c. 1851 but I have found no census for him or dod for him. He and his wife Mary are buried in Hamilton and on the tombstone it states they were from Clare.