Author Topic: "One adult per household" in supermarkets  (Read 1687 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "One adult per household" in supermarkets
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 19:47 BST (UK) »
I hate to say it arthurk but I suspect you are one of those people who will always find fault if they can not get their own way.

That is a very unkind and unhelpful thing to say. I have already explained that I understand the reasons for the policy, and we have been very careful to stick diligently to all the social distancing requirements because we know how important it is.

We cannot help the medical conditions which make shopping alone very difficult for us, and this is definitely not about selfishly demanding our own way.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:37 BST (UK) »
I hate to say it arthurk but I suspect you are one of those people who will always find fault if they can not get their own way.

These policies are introduced to try and save lives and help us all. Alas there are always those who want to be exceptions and think the rules are for everyone else except them.

My initial post was intended to be helpful but it seems to have had the opposite effect sadly.

That's very unfair. We don't know what the OP's difficulties are and that's a private matter but I'm sure he wouldn't be so upset if they were trivial. Attacking others in these difficult times is not helpful.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:40 BST (UK) »
Have you looked into voluntary groups in your area, who will shop for you.

I haven't, but I suspect that even if we met their criteria for support, they are already pretty overwhelmed helping those who are unable to go out at all, and it doesn't feel right to me to even ask.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:41 BST (UK) »
Have you looked into voluntary groups in your area, who will shop for you.

I haven't, but I suspect that even if we met their criteria for support, they are already pretty overwhelmed helping those who are unable to go out at all, and it doesn't feel right to me to even ask.

Arthur, you should definitely ask  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:57 BST (UK) »
Yes Arthur you should ask there are lots of groups and folk trying to help.

In our town we have a "hub" set up by the council, the local co-op is doing delivery slots of upto 15 items. The scouts are doing shopping, local independent shops are doing deliveries. Once you make a few phone calls I am sure you find some assistance :)

Take care

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk