Author Topic: Sarah Walker of Booker or West Wycombe dob c.1826/27  (Read 1354 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Walker of Booker or West Wycombe dob c.1826/27
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 April 20 13:52 BST (UK) »
Oh blimey. :o :o,

The Brooks are another can of worms, who regularly swapped, or looked after other Brooks children, sons, daughters and nieces and nephews.  Some of those were regarded as their own children, by the Census enumerator. 
So never as assume the children are of the one set of parents, and don't get me started on the Bledlow/Ridge Allen families, they were just a bad. ::)

Steve. :)

Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Orpheus

• RootsChat Senior
  • Quartermain arms
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Walker of Booker or West Wycombe dob c.1826/27
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 September 20 23:28 BST (UK) »
Familysearch has the baptism of Sally (a diminutive of Sarah) the daughter of William and Mary WALKER at West Wycombe on 14 May 1826.  Her parents may be the William WALKER and Mary BURGIN who married at West Wycombe on 15 October 1803.

Sarah WALKER aged 14 appears in the 1841 census at Booker together with a widowed Mary WALKER aged 55, Charlotte WALKER aged 26 and Eliza WALKER aged 19.
Quartermain and variants - Oxfordshire
Wiggins - Oxfordshire
Lowe - Charney Bassett, Berkshire
Bettle - Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire
Marshall - Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Goodman - Buckinghamshire