Author Topic: Click and collect shopping question  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Click and collect shopping question
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 April 20 00:52 BST (UK) »
I've got a C & C booked from Waitrose on Monday 13th April.....just realised its Easter Monday! Hope I'm still going to be able to go...

Never done this b4 so not sure what the foremat is sure all will be revealed.

I keep going in to amend my list and each time they've knocked things off the list saying not available then yesterday they said I could only have 6 items each of meat and vegs... milks already gone off the list, soon it won't be worth doing and I'll cancel it and just go to Lidls where, having been last week, they had everything I needed!

My daughter persuaded me it was a good idea to do an online shop a couple of weeks ago when everything was up in the air and it was hard to know what I'd need that far in advance

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 April 20 09:47 BST (UK) »
We have a C & C booked for tomorrow at Morrisons.

Everything is fine with the click part and it is all finalised. Evidently we are supposed to email or text the store when we arrive at a collection bay. This is a problem for us as neither of our phones have the email facility on them (ok so we are old fashioned) However our daughter has solved it for us - hopefully - This is the plan. When we arrive we will text her with the bay number and she will email the store and someone will come out with our order. Simple  ??? ???

Caroline next time we need a shop we will go to Aldi's or Lidl's same as you.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 April 20 10:49 BST (UK) »
Ours is for this afternoon at Sainsburys. They say to drive to the parking area by the C&C  and someone will come out and help us with the order.

Annoyingly, I took the C&C  because no delivery slots were available. I went into the site late last night and found that they have finally got my status sorted and were offering me about 10 slots and no way of swapping. The telephones are all over-busy!

I'll report back if anything of note  ;D

Added - just been browsing to see if they have any Swiss chard. I  did a search and was offered a page full of various bottles of Chardonnay  ;D ;D ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 April 20 13:47 BST (UK) »

I had a Tesco "Click & Collect" slot on the 26th Mar which son picked up-have not managed to get another one,none before 20th April,I check every day :(

Kim

Not click and collect Kimbrey, but booking a slot with Tesco. I managed to get a delivery for 22nd April yesterday. I made sure that I was on the website and logged in at 23.50. Just after midnight the site refreshed and all the slots for the 22nd were available, so I grabbed one! Apparently that's when they release them.

I had a Tesco delivery today just one substitute and one unavailable, so very impressed. The driver had another man with him and was obviously showing him what to do, so it looks as if they have recruited more people.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 April 20 13:52 BST (UK) »
You are best not to keep updating your order, there is more chance of things being out of stock ;)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 April 20 15:37 BST (UK) »
groom :)

Thank you for the tip,now I have to stay awake until midnight!!

Kim

guest189040

« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 April 20 15:36 BST (UK) »

I had a Tesco "Click & Collect" slot on the 26th Mar which son picked up-have not managed to get another one,none before 20th April,I check every day :(

Kim

Not click and collect Kimbrey, but booking a slot with Tesco. I managed to get a delivery for 22nd April yesterday. I made sure that I was on the website and logged in at 23.50. Just after midnight the site refreshed and all the slots for the 22nd were available, so I grabbed one! Apparently that's when they release them.

I had a Tesco delivery today just one substitute and one unavailable, so very impressed. The driver had another man with him and was obviously showing him what to do, so it looks as if they have recruited more people.

Thanks for that tip.

Spent an hour this morning logging in to Asda, Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsburys and creating a basic shopping basket in each.

Zero home delivery slots and zero click and collect slots within the timescales that each have available.

Checked back after an hour and Asda had two C&C slots for tonight available.

I have a C&C booked for tomorrow morning so once I have picked everything up we should be OK for ten days or so

Will try the online check again after midnight for a C&C of about the 16th

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 April 20 15:41 BST (UK) »
I managed to book a Morrisons food box for delivery tomorrow so am thrilled I don't have to go out.
Don't feel comfortable even going for a walk at the moment. 

Hope everyone manages to get something sorted  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 April 20 15:46 BST (UK) »
Picked up our Morrisons click and collect today. A couple of items missing and 1 substitute. All went very well.

The young lady who put the carrier bags into our boot was charming and even apologised for keeping us waiting so long. it was only about 6/7 minutes. They too are working under pressure and are doing a splendid job.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife