Author Topic: Click and collect shopping question  (Read 3819 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Click and collect shopping question
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 04 April 20 18:36 BST (UK) »
Not click and collect Kimbrey, but booking a slot with Tesco. I managed to get a delivery for 22nd April yesterday. I made sure that I was on the website and logged in at 23.50. Just after midnight the site refreshed and all the slots for the 22nd were available, so I grabbed one! Apparently that's when they release them.

That's interesting, Tesco seem to have changed release of delivery slots again.  Last Friday week it seems they released a load at just after 7am as a colleague managed to get one and sent me a text at 7.40am, trouble was I was still asleep, heard the text and then went back to sleep for another half hour so by the time I looked at 8.20am all the slots had gone, albeit deliveries would have been from a different store so my "local" (10 miles away) may not have had any slots available anyway.  They had apparently released slots for the following week but no longer.  Looks like they have returned to the normal release after midnight for 3 weeks later.

That said, being well under 70 but in an at risk category (not very high risk) and with severe mobility issues (knee op was scheduled for Wednesday but obviously got cancelled), I've just managed to get on Sainsbury's priority delivery list as of yesterday and now have one for next Saturday booked.  I'd lost my access when they changed the system the beginning of last week.  That said I've been lucky and had Tesco delivery last Monday booked 2 weeks earlier and have Morrisons today booked 3 weeks ago.  Still have a Morrisons slot for 19 April so next Saturday's Sainsburys fits in well.  Trouble is I'm spending far more than I normally do 'cos you can't guarantee what they will actually have to deliver but the last couple of deliveries I've been getting most of the order. ::)  It won't go off and no I've not been stock piling toilet paper or handwash, the latter I should get a couple tonight which is the first I've managed to get.  I shouldn't complain, but the CC bill is going to be up this month.  Cat won't mind she's well in for food and litter for some weeks now. ;D

Click and collect isn't really an option because I can't stand/walk for more than 20 minutes before both knees lock up and I'm in serious trouble.  Don't have any family or friends close enough to ask to collect for me either.   Also as I am working from home, have restricted time to be able to use click and collect. 
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Online Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 04 April 20 21:53 BST (UK) »
Click and collect isn't really an option because I can't stand/walk for more than 20 minutes before both knees lock up and I'm in serious trouble.

Just to say that when I used click and collect you are literally only out of your car for as long as it takes to pack the shopping bags into the boot.  Less than 5 minutes of standing or walking  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 04 April 20 22:09 BST (UK) »

Just to say that when I used click and collect you are literally only out of your car for as long as it takes to pack the shopping bags into the boot.  Less than 5 minutes of standing or walking  :)

When we used it on Wednesday, it was about the same. 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 04 April 20 22:59 BST (UK) »
We didn't even have to get out of our car except to open the boot.  The young lady assistant loaded our shopping for us.

This seemed to be the procedure for every click and collect customer.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 04 April 20 23:26 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure that that is really allowed, Dorrie. It wouldn't comply with the 'entering your property' rule  :-\

The man brought a trolley with our (bagged) order in it and kept to the 2m distance. We unpacked it and he then took away the trolley, again keeping to the 2m rule. He was ever so nice though and wished us well and gave us the stay safe message  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

guest189040

« Reply #23 on: Saturday 04 April 20 23:43 BST (UK) »
Went to Sainsbury’s this morning for a C&C, third in queue.

First one out of the way very quickly, second one took over 10 minutes for the one guy to do something at the side of the van then the loaded took another 20 minutes.

The Renault Megane was fully loaded in the boot, the rear seat and footwell were loaded to roof level.  The folks on this run must have been shopping for a good many people to have so much shopping.

Five minutes after they departed so did I.

The night before I logged into three different Supermarkets sites at 23:55 and a few seconds after midnight two still showed no C&C or Home Del, but Tesco said I was in a queue, 10 minutes later the screen refreshed and C&C slots were available, but not until the 24th.  So at least we have something only 20 minutes from home.

Luckily we have a traditional milkman so get milk and fruit juice from them weekly and our regular monthly Fish Delivery company rang us a week ago asking for our order so now we have enough Cod and Haddock in our freezer for a month.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 05 April 20 00:00 BST (UK) »
I couldnt do Click and collect ... but we have managed home delivery...

so far so good.

xin

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 05 April 20 08:38 BST (UK) »
The delivery man I had was telling me there were people who were getting several slots and were putting a few things in to hold them.  Then at the last minute they realise they don't really need anything and cancel some of the slots. It was often too late to re offer them, so some vans were leaving three quarters full. Perhaps until this is over, supermarkets need to charge a non refundable deposit of £20, so if you cancel you are charged.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 05 April 20 10:17 BST (UK) »
Gadget that is what is happening at Morrisons. On their click and collect information page it says you can stay in your car and they will put your shopping into your boot.

Hope they are not breaking any rules.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife