Author Topic: Click and collect shopping question  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Click and collect shopping question
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 05 April 20 10:33 BST (UK) »
Our man was very firm (but polite)  about customers standing by the car and keeping their distance.
I think the Sainsburys website says that goods will be brought to customers to unpack or they can be loaded into the car for you,  but that was info probably written for the 'olden' days.

I have managed to get a delivery for the end of this week.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 April 20 19:37 BST (UK) »

Just to say that when I used click and collect you are literally only out of your car for as long as it takes to pack the shopping bags into the boot.  Less than 5 minutes of standing or walking  :)

When we used it on Wednesday, it was about the same.

Possibly is but that doesn't include the issues I will have trying to get the delivery out of the car boot and into the house once home.  I've got severely restricted movement in both shoulders which limits, along with using a pair of crutches, how much I can carry at any one time.  I have trouble carrying a full 10l bag of cat litter in the house let along outside round the front of the house from the drive.  So click and collect really isn't practical for me. :-\  I also don't have anyone to help or I'd get them to collect anyway.

Had a text from a colleague earlier saying Tesco appear to be releasing delivery slots now at 4.45pm, must have been Saturday, but looked at just before 4.55pm today and nothing.  May depend I suppose on the stores as mine is different but who knows. ::)
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 05 April 20 20:46 BST (UK) »
Have you checked if there is a neighbourhood group that may help by carrying it from the car to your house?

If you got a delivery, you would still have to unpack it at the door and carry it in as they take the food trays back.

Also, have you tried speaking to a GP as they could write a letter about your mobility problems.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 05 April 20 22:53 BST (UK) »
Yes I was going to suggest the same about these neighbourhood groups that have been set up.

Or your local counciler may be able to help?  We had a leaflet through the door from ours with a phone number/email to contact if they could help in any way.

Help is out there if you can find it  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

guest189040

« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 April 20 23:28 BST (UK) »

Just to say that when I used click and collect you are literally only out of your car for as long as it takes to pack the shopping bags into the boot.  Less than 5 minutes of standing or walking  :)

Possibly is but that doesn't include the issues I will have trying to get the delivery out of the car boot and into the house once home.  I've got severely restricted movement in both shoulders which limits, along with using a pair of crutches, how much I can carry at any one time.  I have trouble carrying a full 10l bag of cat litter in the house let along outside round the front of the house from the drive.  So click and collect really isn't practical for me. :-\  I also don't have anyone to help or I'd get them to collect anyway.

Had a text from a colleague earlier saying Tesco appear to be releasing delivery slots now at 4.45pm, must have been Saturday, but looked at just before 4.55pm today and nothing.  May depend I suppose on the stores as mine is different but who knows. ::)

If you are retired I suggest that Age UK (or a similar organisation) may be able to help you gaining some assistance.

I would also be tempted to risk it and hobble into a Store to the Helpdesk and ask what they can do?

There is always a paid for Home Assistance Service but that of course involves a risk.

In fact anything that would involve another person entering your home will involve a risk which would be greater the more that person interacts with others.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 06 April 20 10:50 BST (UK) »

If you are retired I suggest that Age UK (or a similar organisation) may be able to help you gaining some assistance.

I would also be tempted to risk it and hobble into a Store to the Helpdesk and ask what they can do?

There is always a paid for Home Assistance Service but that of course involves a risk.

In fact anything that would involve another person entering your home will involve a risk which would be greater the more that person interacts with others.

I have PMd Smudwhisk but for anyone else having any difficulties, I recommend Nextdoor.co.uk where you can register in your locality for all sorts of enquiries, and at present the site for my own locality is full of offers of support.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 06 April 20 11:03 BST (UK) »
I suggested the neighbourhood group in Reply#29, Igor, but smudwhisk hasn't come back.

Gadget

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 06 April 20 13:13 BST (UK) »
I suggested the neighbourhood group in Reply#29, Igor, but smudwhisk hasn't come back.

Gadget

Sorry, Gadget, missed that   :o.  I've also PMd Smudwhisk.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex