Author Topic: Parents of Ronald Barnes  (Read 14281 times)

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Ronald Barnes
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 04 April 20 15:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you for giving the source, Maureen - it's a great find!

I think it's fair to say that Arthur BARNES, with the same address as Ronald snr on the birth certificate is a solid link.  As Arthur appears in directories in 1910, 1911, and 1913, he ought to be there on the 1911 census - but I can't find him.  It's all very strange.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 04 April 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
If you pull up the image for that 1911 census (146 Holmedale) and click on the arrow to forward the page you get the other part of the record. This has a Miss Barnes that is crossed out and the name found on the main page is written above it.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 04 April 20 16:45 BST (UK) »
If you pull up the image for that 1911 census (146 Holmedale) and click on the arrow to forward the page you get the other part of the record. This has a Miss Barnes that is crossed out and the name found on the main page is written above it.

PB

I don't have a sub to view the actual image.  Are there any details for Miss BARNES?
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 04 April 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
No, the image would be on what appears to be the other side of the census page to be filled in by the enumerator. It just gives name and address of the head of household. If he had done this ahead of time I would guess he expected Miss Barnes to be there, but don't know where he would have gotten the info from so pure speculation on my part.

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 04 April 20 17:15 BST (UK) »
If you pull up the image for that 1911 census (146 Holmedale) and click on the arrow to forward the page you get the other part of the record.

It depends which web site you are using. :).   FindMyPast refer to that document as the cover, presumably the equivalent of an envelope.  The summary street listing does not mention Barnes.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 04 April 20 18:07 BST (UK) »
Ah yes, I was using Ances....y.

PB

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 04 April 20 23:32 BST (UK) »
No, the image would be on what appears to be the other side of the census page to be filled in by the enumerator. It just gives name and address of the head of household. If he had done this ahead of time I would guess he expected Miss Barnes to be there, but don't know where he would have gotten the info from so pure speculation on my part.

PB

I'm with PB on this . (Well done!!)

So at that address (146) are 2 people (brother and sister) in a 5 room place.
And she's (only so much the eyes can do) Dress Agency..

Maureen

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 05 April 20 00:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks MaureeninNY

Miriam's occupation is Dress Agency. In brackets it says "Second Hand Clothes ..." And she works from home.

PB

Offline ronaldsfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 05 April 20 14:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all your help, much appreciated.
I have ordered Evelyn Winifred Ada Knight BARNES birth certificate today to see if there is a connection (maybe a sister) to Ronald Barnes. They say it will take 2 weeks to come.