Author Topic: Missing Parents.  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Jedi James

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing Parents.
« on: Wednesday 01 April 20 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi To All.
Can any one out in the rootschat Comminity help me.
I am trying to find the parents of Thomas Brown born Between the Years 1807 to 1811. I have him in the 1841 and 1851 Census.
He Married Mary Addis on the 12th June 1828, That date is to early to ask for a copy of the marriage Cert.
Thomas was born in Lidford, Herefordshire. I have looked in the Parish Regs on Ancestry with out success.
The Marriage to Mary took mplace in Little Hereford, Herefordshire. Please help if Possible.
Regards
Jedi Jamsa
Jones,Hill,Powell,Stinton,Jenkins,Brown, Maskell and Woodhouse all in the Herefordshire Worcestershire Areas also Sussex,Kent & Surrey Areas for the names Parsons,Mercer,Banks,& Smithson

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Parents.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 21:41 BST (UK) »

Hi
Please tell us the full details of your finds in both of the census?
Cheers
Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 April 20 04:54 BST (UK) »
I think this is Thomas Brown's birthplace extracted from the 1851 census and transcribed as Lidford but I have lived in Herefordshire for many years and never heard of a Lidford  :-\

There is a Ludford on the borders of  Shropshire and Herefordshire near Ludlow https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/HEF/Ludford ??

Kay

Offline Jedi James

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 April 20 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray and Kay.
The 1841 Census tells me the Following.
Thomas Brown Born Abt 1811 in Herefordshire. Civil Parish is Little Hereford, Hundred, Wolphy. County Herefordshire. Registration District, Tenbury, Sub-Registration District Tenbury. Piece: 429, Book: 11, Folio: 4, Page: 4
1851 Census tells me The Following
Thomas Brown abt 1808, He is the Head of the Family. Spouse is Mary Brown. Born in Lidford, Herefordshire, Civil Parish: Little Hereford, County: Herefordshire, Registration District and Sub Registration Districts : Both Tenbury. ED,Institution, or Vessal: 12. Household Schedule: 13. Piece: 2040, Folio:81 Page : 4
I hope this is helpful to you both.
Thank You Kay i will try to find his Birth in Ludford.
Regards
Jedi Jamsa
Jones,Hill,Powell,Stinton,Jenkins,Brown, Maskell and Woodhouse all in the Herefordshire Worcestershire Areas also Sussex,Kent & Surrey Areas for the names Parsons,Mercer,Banks,& Smithson