Author Topic: St Josephs RC School Hull  (Read 383 times)

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Josephs RC School Hull
« on: Wednesday 01 April 20 20:51 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone had/or knows where to find one a photo/drawing of St Joseph's RC School on South Parade (think it is off Anlaby Road).

Thank you
Gaynori

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: St Josephs RC School Hull
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
http://hullcatholics.weebly.com/st-joseph-hull.html
This is its new location ... perhaps you can contact someone there about its history and location
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Gaynor, the school was bombed in 1941 and closed in 1945, I think your best best is to try the Hull History Centre but I believe they are closed at the moment due to Corna Virus. I couldn't find a photo online.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 April 20 12:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you .

Shame I have just been given this info and everything is shut  :'(

Searched online but nothing coming up. Will try when this lockdown is over.
Stay safe
Gaynori

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 April 20 23:42 BST (UK) »
IF you are on facebook, you could try asking on the "Old Hull" section, nothings guaranteed but it might be worth a try.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk