Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 8 - Lockdown)  (Read 11689 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 7 - Lockdown)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 17:26 BST (UK) »
Tried to order a couple of greeting cards online, both of the major sites are not taking orders.

More seriously, I've just had my prescription delivered, it doesn't include my preventative inhaler.  :( There's a label that says it's owed so presumably it will follow before too long. I'd read in the news this morning that they were in short supply. I shouldn't need it for a while if I continue my normal dosage but I do increase the dosage if I'm having problems. Just hope I don't need to, it's scary.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 17:32 BST (UK) »
Local nursery/garden centre here is delivering plants, seeds etc.
But, no transport off the island - sorry! ;D

More importantly, I ordered some loose leaf tea on Friday.
It was shipped today, so now waiting patiently ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 17:34 BST (UK) »
I collected OH's inhalers etc yesterday from our local Chemist okay, Roobarb. Hope that your missing inhaler arrives soon. (Pity he doesn't supply compost and plants as well)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 17:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks TY.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 18:02 BST (UK) »
T
More seriously, I've just had my prescription delivered, it doesn't include my preventative inhaler.  :( There's a label that says it's owed so presumably it will follow before too long. I'd read in the news this morning that they were in short supply. I shouldn't need it for a while if I continue my normal dosage but I do increase the dosage if I'm having problems. Just hope I don't need to, it's scary.

This is my main worry. First, trying to locate someone to pick up my prescription and then hoping that its all there when it arrives!

I've just watched the daily update on the BBC - more and more, they seem to be putting forward *people who are - shall we say - less than convincing. I had no more idea at the end of today's session than I did at the start just exactly what's going on with both the testing kits and the PPE for front line workers. They just keep trotting out the same old platitudes. Its all very disheartening.

I think, if I was a front line NHS worker or a carer I'd feel a bit like the soldiers must have done in WW1; cannon fodder.

* Have we heard anything of how Boris and Nick Hancock are doing?
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 18:16 BST (UK) »

Just seen this on the internet, when this is all over, a call for all student nurse dept to be cancelled !

Wonderful idea, but can’t see it happening.
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 18:25 BST (UK) »

I've just watched the daily update on the BBC - more and more, they seem to be putting forward *people who are - shall we say - less than convincing. I had no more idea at the end of today's session than I did at the start just exactly what's going on with both the testing kits and the PPE for front line workers. They just keep trotting out the same old platitudes. Its all very disheartening.

Agreed - today's nonentities were very underwhelming.
"Could you answer that one please, Yvonne?"

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 18:50 BST (UK) »
Back to garden centres, the gov, has defined “home” as including garden, outbuildings and greenhouses,  if shops selling items for the home can remain open, then they should be included.

What better therapy could  there be than to be out on a nice warm day, planting for the future summer days and the harvest to come.

Mike

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 18:51 BST (UK) »
The truth of the matter is that the NHS is a money pit.  It has been woefully under-funded for decades.
The government were slow to react, they knew the NHS were going to be under severe pressure but as always they know the great British Public, doctors, nurses, will all come to the rescue.

As with anything prefixed Govt it’s also a licence for some people to print money.  I personally know an architect who worked on a new build at our local hospital, someone signed off on taps for the executive washrooms at £120.00 per tap, not a pair, per tap. :o

All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins